I just wanted to add upon Ryan's review of BBSmart Alarm Pro and leave us a place for discussion and help in the forums. In addition, I noticed a bug yesterday - when the program starts after booting the device, the alarms are not active unless you physically edit them again. I emailed BBSmart and they assure they will look into it and have it fixed in version 1.1 due in the next week or so.

If you're anything like me (and being a Blackberry user I assume you are) your days are non-stop. Oversleeping, late for work, meetings, forgetting to pick up the kids from soccer practice (you get the idea). Tardiness is a thing of the past, thanks to the folks at BBSmart who just release BBSmart Alarm Pro. I was always mad that I had to set the native alarm app daily for different times. I would set it during the week and never remember to turn it off so I could sleep in on Sundays. No more worrying. Gone is the once a day alarm . I'm totally psyched that an easy alarm app has finally come along. One of my gripes was the unability to set more than one alarm per day (save calendar reminders and appointments) natively with my BB. I tried out Mobylo! MultiAlarm but for the $29.99 price tag I could have just as easily bought a clock radio.

An easy OTA or Desktop installion will get the app up and running. The first time you start you will be prompted for either a Regular Alarm or Quick Alarm. The Quick Alarm is perfect for a 10 minute power nap or timing those cupcakes in the oven. Set your own time and you're done. It jumps into your Alarm List (where all your scheduled alarms are shown) and thats that.

The Regular Alarm feature gives you control over scheduling alarms. From here you name the alarm, set the time, select recurring if you want the alarm to repeat and pick the days to schedule. Below you can select one of the pre-recorded alarm tones or choose your own from your device memory or SD card. You can choose from multiple repeat options including once and forever, and also change the volume (which surprisingly can go even louder than any ringtone on my 8830 - go figure). The Test Alarm Sound lets you hear the tone you have chosen at the proper volume. You may also choose vibration with the alarm, to silence it when unholstered (when you remove your device from the holster the alarm will stop) and set the snooze length.

The customization options are great. You can preset options for quick alarms and regular alarms so you have "templates" to make new alerts a breeze. Unlimited alarms. Not just one like the native alarm app, not five - unlimited!! And perhaps one of the coolest features is that the icon even changes from blue to yellow depending on whether you have an alarm set or not. All in all this app is great. It truly has all the options you could need in a good quality alarm app and the interface is clean and easy. Definitely a good choice for anyone looking for multiple alarms.

Pros: Easy to use, unlimited alarms, changing icon
    Cons: No "silence on holiday" function like Mobylo! (which includes a holiday list), may be a bit pricey for casual users
    04-30-08 02:14 PM
    Great review azeis.

I downloaded the trial copy & set it up for this morning...it didn't go off though. when i checked my phone it said This application BBSmart Alarm Pro is attemting to change device settings would you like to allow yes / no

i didn't know what this actually meant - what device settings would it change ? so i hit no & then got uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.system.controlledaccess exception.

Should i have hit Yes....but what does it do ?
    05-01-08 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD