have any of yall tried out this app? It is friggin awesome. You can listen to police scanners from all over the US and a few other countries. If you haven't tried it I would highly recommend it....very entertaining!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 10:07 PM
    I have had this app for a while now there is another post on hear if you search for it... it should pop up i mention on how to avoid paying for it thats if you want to deal with the hassle.....
    12-01-09 10:11 PM
    I use it everyday
    12-02-09 02:24 AM
    I paid for it, it is pretty cool. I work nights, so I can listen to what's happening in the area.
    12-02-09 02:48 AM
    Does using this cost anything on your phone bill?
    12-02-09 03:04 AM
    Wow...I haven't had anything charged on my bill since I had a dumbphone...lol.

If you have a BlackBerry plan, it uses your data...
    12-02-09 03:42 AM
    Does using this cost anything on your phone bill?
    If you have an "unlimited data plan" then no, if not you could incur data charges with your carrier. I've been using since April of this year and it's pretty cool.
    12-02-09 06:12 AM
    I have had this app for a while now there is another post on hear if you search for it... it should pop up i mention on how to avoid paying for it thats if you want to deal with the hassle.....
    Yeah, it's one of the earlier versions, if you goto the d/l page @ bbscannerdotcom, you should be able to look thru the changelogs and find when he started charging for the app. Even now @ the $4.99 price it's still cheap, especially for "free" lifetime software updates, not to mention the price of a digital scanner these days, couple of hundred dollars for a decent one.
    12-02-09 06:16 AM
    Use the BB browser and navigate to RR Mobile, click RR Live Audio, click a country, click a state, click a county, click the stream you want to hear, then click Listen to Feed on the Feed Details screen. It will open up the BB media player and play the stream there. Bookmark the Feed Details screen and you can get back to the scanner quickly with no fuss.

BBScanner is excellent and probably worth the money for all the functionality it provides. I definitely like the GPS integration.

Jack
    12-02-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD