I just used BBSAK for the first time to wipe my device. I backed up my apps using it also. Now on my phone if I go to the application list it just shows the bbsak backup with all of the apps in there. Is it possible to delete just one app now?

Thanks for any help
    10-21-09 08:23 AM
    I'm interested in this answer too. I have multiple versions of apps (from old backups) listed in the application list and can't figure how to delete them. Even after deleting the backup files and folders.
    10-21-09 12:03 PM
    I'm a little bit confused about what you guys are describing. Generally, I make a backup with BBSAK and it creates a folder called "backup." In that folder is an ALX file which will restore all your apps and also a single COD file for each one app. I usually reload the COD's one by one to avoid any problems, that way you only put back the ones you still want and you can check them one by one to make sure they work in your new OS.
    10-21-09 12:07 PM
    I just downloaded the new .323 leak. Used BBSAK to backup 3rd Party Apps, but after the load, when I went to reload apps, it said complete, but didnt load anything. Had to go in and load each .cod individually. FAIL
    10-21-09 12:12 PM
    I'm a little bit confused about what you guys are describing. Generally, I make a backup with BBSAK and it creates a folder called "backup." In that folder is an ALX file which will restore all your apps and also a single COD file for each one app. I usually reload the COD's one by one to avoid any problems, that way you only put back the ones you still want and you can check them one by one to make sure they work in your new OS.
    Upon re-reading, my issue might be different than OP - mine are showing up in the list of available apps to install with Loader and Desktop Manager.
    10-21-09 12:33 PM
    I just downloaded the new .323 leak. Used BBSAK to backup 3rd Party Apps, but after the load, when I went to reload apps, it said complete, but didnt load anything. Had to go in and load each .cod individually. FAIL
    I do it that way on purpose. Allows me to pinpoint if one single app is a memory hog or going to cause me OS problems. It's better than loading the whole lump on there at once, having problems, and just incorrectly saying "OMG THIS OS SUCKS IT'S FULL OF BUGS!!!11" when, in reality, you just have an app that is giving you trouble.

Upon re-reading, my issue might be different than OP - mine are showing up in the list of available apps to install with Loader and Desktop Manager.
    You mean they're on the list in your apploader so you can check or uncheck them to install?
    10-21-09 01:28 PM
    You mean they're on the list in your apploader so you can check or uncheck them to install?
    Yes, except there will be conflicting version numbers and repeats so that if you try to install or exclude one it messes with the others. I'd like to start from scratch.
    10-21-09 02:00 PM
    what is COD? im using bbsak for the first time and i dunno what to do lol. i just did backup apps. and then did wipe device? is that right?
    10-21-09 06:49 PM
    Hi
    I have been trying to sort this problem out when reloading backup it says completed after a few seconds nothing is sent to my phone. Has anyone got any ideas what im doing wrong?

Thanks
    11-01-09 09:31 PM
    The newest version of BBSAK (1.7) for some reason now creates a file on your device that acts as a backup "folder" for all of your 3rd party apps....if you go to "Applications" now this new file only shows up....if you click on that backup file you can then see all of your apps....

just as the OP noted, there does not appear to be a way to individually delete an app from your device, which is supposed to be the best way to delete....you can change permissions etc., but no way to delete an individual app....

If you do select "delete" you delete the BBSAK backup file along with all of your apps....

Not sure why the BBSAK developer chose to add a file to our devices, but this was a much better program when they kept it simple...it is now too complicated and I will go back to using something else....
    11-01-09 09:57 PM
    i go into applications and i do not get my list of 3rd party apps now. what do we do if we want to delete 1 app?
    11-01-09 10:02 PM
    I am having this problem right now and I don't know how to load each .cod individually. Can somebody help me? I just want to restore the applications with a click of a button. I've been doing this OS reload / config on this new phone for like 3 hours at this point and I'm completely fed up with it. This is all I've done since I got home from work. It's too much. I just want to restore my apps and go to bed already.
    11-09-09 08:03 PM
    I just restored my applications the old way (via Desktop Manager).

I would strongly advise anybody against using BBSAK to do it. It doesn't work.
    11-09-09 08:19 PM
    when loading apps back onto phone with BBSAK, when you go into apps, it only shows a folder with all apps in it. it does not allow you to delete 1 application. if you try to delete one of them it wipes out ALL of your apps!. i did this twice not knowing this was happening and had to reload all my 3rd party apps again. Can anyone shed light on this issue? its crap that we cannot delete one app at a time.
    11-10-09 07:38 AM
    YEah.....Just reloaded my OS (granted...I have a Bold) this week and found this issue. Also, it means I can no longer use the DM method of doing 3rd party app backups.

I am toying with deleting all my apps and reloading them from a prior IPD backup to get back to "normal"
    Last edited by jlb21; 02-18-11 at 10:02 AM.
    02-18-11 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD