BBM Voip warning message on public Wifi
When my Curve 9300 connects to a public Wifi Hotspot I get an error message saying:
"You are attempting to open a secure connection to bbm.voip.blackberry.com but the server certificate domain name
is .sar.mycloud.net" - or starbucks, or O2, or ....
- any ideas on how to lose this message?. I have the latest version v.184.108.40.206 of BBM loaded and I'm in the UK.
- CrackBerry Genius
02-01-2013, 01:47 PM #2
- 2,850 Posts
Welcome to CrackBerry!
I believe this issue has been rectified with the latest BetaZone version (.130).
If you are not a member, you can go to BlackBerry Beta Zone from your device browser, sign up, and download it.
It's easy and fast! It should also help with the issues you are having.
Please note: Incorrect application version, 220.127.116.11 instead of 7.0.1.x
HTHMY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
Hi and thanks for the welcome!!.
I installed the beta version of BBM as you suggested but this didn't make any difference - same string of messages came up. I tried re-installing the beta version but that made no difference. Do you have anything else you could suggest I try?.
BTW I notice that BBM doesn't appear in my world as an installed app now.
Thanks and REgards,
Hi, I have since installed another beta version of the BBM app and this didn't fix the problem either. Also, my daughter has since upgraded her BBM from a version without the problem to the latest GA version which has the problem - why has the upgrade not been withdrawn until a GA fix has been released????.
When will this issue be addressed by RIM ????
BTW I personally have no use for the BBM app anyway, so its there a way to disable it?
There's an article on the Blackberry knowledge base - KB33968 - that addresses this exact issue. I've followed the instructions and I shall find out if it worked or not the next time I'm near a wifi hotspot :-).
I'll keep you posted
- By mickeyboat in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 15Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:54 PM
- By MrRiches in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.xReplies: 0Last Post: 05-27-2010, 10:21 AM
- By Arbitration in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
- By DwBerry in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
- By renric in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM