My Messenger is messed up. It was perfectly fine last night when I went to sleep.

Now, when I go to check my contact list, it's messed up.

First off, message history is missing. Even when I tried to back everything up with BB Protect; which has worked fine in the past.

Also when I look at my contact, there is no option to change their picture. I used to be able to keep their picture as the same contact pic in my bb phone book. Now, there isn't even that option. I can't edit them at all.

Can someone please help me!? What happened to my history and why can't I put it back via a backup this time? And why can't I change my contact's profile pic?
    08-29-11 02:42 PM
    Have you tried the usual battery pull? It might not restore chat history but might fix the other issues. Also make sure you have the most recent version of BBM also.
    08-29-11 02:54 PM
    Thanks. I did try the battery pull, but it didn't help. I haven't upgraded to the latest messenger yet, though, because I've heard mixed reviews that it has some bugs. So, I'm not sure.
    08-29-11 04:06 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the latest version of BBM. You can download and install.

Also, BlackBerry Protect does not backup BBM contacts, only your device ones in your actual contacts. If you link all of your BBM contacts to a BB one, then I would assume you would get them all back after a restore.
    08-29-11 04:12 PM
    Ok, well I wasn't sure. I have read people who updated, then said they wished they hadn't. Also not sure how much a hassle it would be to go back to the older version if necessary.

I did have BBM contacts linked to my BB phone book.
    08-29-11 06:50 PM
    Ok, well I wasn't sure. I have read people who updated, then said they wished they hadn't. Also not sure how much a hassle it would be to go back to the older version if necessary.

I did have BBM contacts linked to my BB phone book.
    Not much of a hassle really.

Go to Options>Device>Application Management and scroll to BlackBerry Messenger and click and choose delete.

Then go on Google, or this site and search for the version of BBM that you would like (OTA - Over the Air)

Cheers,
    08-29-11 07:04 PM
    Wouldn't I lose contacts and have to re-add them if I delete Messenger and have to reinstall it?
    08-29-11 07:47 PM
    Not if you backed up your contact list locally or remote (via e-mail)

What BB do you have?
    08-29-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD