When I tried to download BBLight from the website via Blackberrry, it said I couldnt support the file type (.zip). Can I download this OTA or do I need to save it to my PC?
    04-20-07 02:42 PM
    I have always added via Desktop Manager when adding to any BB. Have you got the lastest DM for your PC
    04-20-07 02:43 PM
    Wait, I thought that BBLight 'killed' the battery quickly. Am I mistaken?
    04-20-07 02:58 PM
    And with newer BBs, i dont believe there is a need for BB Light anyway
    04-20-07 03:00 PM
    I thought the bb light was so when you received sms, mms, PIN, IM, email etc etc the phone would light up giving you an added clue that you had received a message?
    04-29-09 11:13 AM
    BBLight allows you to control the backlight timeout. I use it to keep the backlight on when the phone is on external power. That's very useful to keep the display visible when using it as a GPS, for example. I'm not aware of a setting that turns on the screen when a message arrives, unless the "User Activity" function can do that. The app is free. Download it from the I posted and try if for yourself.
    04-29-09 01:39 PM
    I love it when I finally find a post where someone is asking the exact question I have. Then I read several responses. And then I find out that nobody even bothered to answer the question!
    Last edited by drumbum000; 07-21-09 at 01:37 AM.
    07-21-09 01:34 AM
    I'm not aware of any OTA download for BBLight. The link I posted above gives you a zip file for installing from a PC. If someone knows of an OTA, hopefully they will post a link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:41 AM
    check Storm OTA
    07-28-09 10:04 AM
    Hi, I use the 1.95 version on my 9000.

When on external power is have the following problem.

How to manage to get undimmed background light during the day when daylight is on?
    Seems the background light is acting as if it is night (dimmed).

I use it in my car with cigarette lighter and the screen is barely visible.

Settings On:

V User Active
    V Ext power
    V At time of the day
    From 00.00
    Duration 1440 (amount of sec in 24 hours)

Bart
    05-08-10 01:13 AM
    Lets put this thread in 3rd Party Apps where it belongs, it'll get more traffic there anyways. I'd try to answer, but I don't know or use this app.
    05-08-10 03:37 PM
    When I tried to download BBLight from the website via Blackberrry, it said I couldnt support the file type (.zip). Can I download this OTA or do I need to save it to my PC?
    You can get the latest OTA here:

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=bblight
    05-08-10 04:29 PM
    I thought the bb light was so when you received sms, mms, PIN, IM, email etc etc the phone would light up giving you an added clue that you had received a message?
    No need to be confused. You are correct.

Clarification: ONLY---SMS, Email (it can also automatically open the email application), Calendar/Task.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 05-08-10 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Clarification of API
    05-08-10 04:33 PM
    I'm not aware of a setting that turns on the screen when a message arrives, unless the "User Activity" function can do that
    It is available in the latest 1.95 version that I posted a direct link to. Under "Turn On" settings.
    05-08-10 04:36 PM
    Hi, I use the 1.95 version on my 9000.

When on external power is have the following problem.

How to manage to get undimmed background light during the day when daylight is on?
    Seems the background light is acting as if it is night (dimmed).

I use it in my car with cigarette lighter and the screen is barely visible.

Settings On:

V User Active
    V Ext power
    V At time of the day
    From 00.00
    Duration 1440 (amount of sec in 24 hours)

Bart
    You have no values set for the time of day. Set the time of day that you want it to turn on. And as you stated, the light should remain on for 24 hours while plugged in if you set it to 1440 minutes (24hours).

Hope this helps.
    05-08-10 04:39 PM
    Just in case anyone wants the latest 1.95 desktop install:

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=bblightdt

Hope this all helps...
    05-08-10 04:41 PM
    Thanks Brad!
    05-08-10 07:50 PM
    Actually, I should switch off the setting "At Time Of Day" as I only want background light when on external power.

The initial reason of my posting is that I face a dimmed background light, not the full light when on external power (in my car) during daylight.

In the night the background is also dimmed, but then it is dark outside my car.

So to be short: On external power backlight always goes dimmed when using BBLight. Has it to do with the 12V powerplug of my car?

Bart
    05-09-10 09:48 AM
    Thanks Brad!
    NP PK.
    10 Char.
    05-09-10 10:08 AM
    Actually, I should switch off the setting "At Time Of Day" as I only want background light when on external power.

The initial reason of my posting is that I face a dimmed background light, not the full light when on external power (in my car) during daylight.

In the night the background is also dimmed, but then it is dark outside my car.

So to be short: On external power backlight always goes dimmed when using BBLight. Has it to do with the 12V powerplug of my car?

Bart
    OK. Without BBlight, sunlight would be a factor due to the BB's light sensor. The screen actually gets brighter in daylight to be able to see the screen through glare, and dims slightly in darkness, as it is not needed as much.

This should not be a factor with BBlight installed, and set up properly, as it overides the backlight time out set in your phone options via the millisecond poll intervals set up within BBlight options.

With that said, and for what you say you are looking for, you need to make sure of a couple of things...

1) You should probably have the "activate on start up" option checked to ensure that it is running in the backround. Without this checked, BBlight does not start up automatically, and must be manually started everytime you want it to work. Maybe this is what you're missing? IDK.

2) Make sure you have the "poll interval" set to the lowest value of 2000ms (2 sec). This will ensure that it will constantly keep checking at this rate to keep the backlight on.

3) Make sure you have the "always on" settings checked off for "user is active", and "external power/charging".

4) Make sure that within BBlight options you have the "Turn on" setting "TimeOut" set to a value of at least 120 seconds (2 min). This is the maximum value that can be set natively within the BB options as well under "screen & keyboard" options. They should be the same.

5) Make sure you set the BB native "Screen & keyboard" backlight brightness setting set to 100%. If not, It will always be dimmer than what you are probably expecting.

6) Make sure you set the BB native "Screen & keyboard" backlight dim option to "off". This also where you may be encountering a problem. Check it out.

I tested the betas on this app way back in the day, but haven't used it for almost a year since BerryBuzz, BerryPopUp, and LeaveItOn came into play. BBLight was the first to do this, but the newer apps have split off in specific functionality, and became specialized with added functionality in what they do. I still have a copy on my computer, but don't need to load it.

This has nothing to do with a 12v power source within your car. All cars have 12v output. If this was the case, no car chargers would work for anyone. The only "other" thing I can think of if you have a cheap aftermarket charger with a different charging rating (this happens often). An example of this that some can relate to is when they try to charge their laptops with replacement aftermarket chargers, and see that it does not charge their units, because of the different charge rating than their original chargers.

Excuse me if I didn't understand your post... I was just trying to help.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 05-09-10 at 10:54 AM. Reason: LOL. Speed typing spelling errors...
    05-09-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD