Hi all,

I just recently downloaded this app seeing as i asked if it allows the BB to 'wake up' when a text/email or even a bbm message is received.

What i mean is that at the moment, i dock my BB into the charging pod but dont put it into bedside mode unless im going to sleep. But when the Bold turns the screen off and i receive a sms, email or bbm message it doesnt light up like how other phones do. On my old Nokia N95 if the screen was off and the phone was locked, id still get the screen to turn on automatically if i got a text etc??.

Now this BBlight app doesnt seem to do this basic function...or does it??. i dont know as i havent really played with the options. Or is there another app that would do what i want my Bold to do ie wake up from sleep when i get a text or email.

Its a shame that the Bold doesnt come with this feature built in...but then its not the end of the world for me...still love the beast to bits.
    01-26-09 03:56 PM
    Hey "Spawn12"... I'm using version 1.82 & it's works VeryWell on my Bold.
    Lights up when Txt or eMail ShowsUp.

Have you played around with the sittings -Yet...?

You can find it here:
    http://www.blackberrysoftwarelist.ne...light-1.82.zip
    01-27-09 02:44 AM
    Hey "Spawn12"... I'm using version 1.82 & it's works VeryWell on my Bold.
    Lights up when Txt or eMail ShowsUp.

Have you played around with the sittings -Yet...?

You can find it here:
    http://www.blackberrysoftwarelist.ne...light-1.82.zip
    Im using the 1.86 version of BBlight..perhaps its not compatible with my Bold...ill try the 1.82 version and see how that goes.

Right ive downloaded the 1.82 version...how do i set the settings so that it lights up when i get an email or text??
    Last edited by Spawn12; 01-27-09 at 05:34 AM.
    01-27-09 04:37 AM
    Right there on the main screen...
    Check the box "Activate on Startup" at the Top.
    Set poll Interval to "2000"

Under Turn on:
    Check the boxes "Receive SMS & Receive Email"

Also... "My Bad Here...!" I'am using version 1.86 (was using 1.82 on my Curve)
    Yesterday i was using my motorola Qh9 (shhhhhh....!) , & did't have my BB with me to check. But i have it NoW... ;-(

Anyway, set it up as stated above & it should work out for -You...!

TakeCare...!
    01-28-09 02:42 AM
    Thanks Bob, i set it up according to your instructions..stuck with 1.86 as its a newer version and it works fine...although i probably dont need it as i have Aerize as well and that wakes up the phone when i receive an email/text message.
    01-28-09 06:22 AM
    When I install BB Light it created a new option in my profiles as if it was a new mail account.. As you know it has options for vibration and want to know which ones comes first. If for example i have BBlight vibration ON and in phone settings vibration OFF, will it vibrate or not?

Also I noticed that It automatically changed my SMS text sound... Has any1 noticed anything like that?
    03-12-09 02:01 PM
    BBLight does nothing with your SMS sound.

Anytime (except on a Storm) BBLight's profile is set to Vibrate and BBlight's option for "Vibration for Phone Calls" is set to something greater than 0, then it will vibrate when a phone call is received. If BBLight's profile is set to Vibrate and Phone profile is set to Tone and BBLight's option for "Vibration for Phone Calls" is set to something greater than 0, then it will simultaneously vibrate and ring when a call is received, except on a Storm (RIM changed something in the OS which causes this not to work using the method programmed into BBLight).
    03-12-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD