Hey Everyone,

Just a note within the Golf GPS for BB Forum area to let everyone know about another option for BlackBerry GPS golf application. Mine is called BBGPSGolf it is just like the other BlackBerry GPS Golf application but with less graphics and more text based. Just something plain and simple.

I have a web site with a full course list where course can be added online, and then downloaded. This application was created by me for me so I can clean J2ME. It started as a hobby, and now it is almost turning into a part time job

Anyways, you can get more information at my web site:

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks,
    Ash
    05-15-09 10:50 PM
    Hi,

I have a storm and downloaded your BBGPSGOLF several months ago and loved it.
    I lost my data and would like to reinstall, however, no matter what I try, I get a error message stating it cannot download a zip file. I D/L the .jad file OTA and have even tried DM from your website. I made sure the previous version was gone...any suggestions??

Thanks!
    Mitch
    07-01-09 03:03 PM
    It should be fixed now.

I just moved the site over to a hosting company and I did not have the proper mime types for the jad/cod file.

Also another workaround would be the Desktop Manager install with the extracted zip file.

Thanks,
    Justin
    07-03-09 10:41 AM
    I downloaded it to my tour and it can't seem to find the GPS signal.
    I have all the GPS turned to on- enabled. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 12:41 PM
    Downloaded it and added a course. Haven't gotten to get out on the course with it yet, but it looks good!

Thanks a lot.
    07-15-09 02:01 PM
    I downloaded it to my tour and it can't seem to find the GPS signal.
    I have all the GPS turned to on- enabled. Am I doing something wrong?

Im not sure. No one with a Tour has tested this application yet.

If you can wait until Monday-ish then I should have a new version that may have some better logging around the GPS so that might help. Also who is your carrier?
    07-17-09 05:33 PM
    Downloaded it and added a course. Haven't gotten to get out on the course with it yet, but it looks good!

Thanks a lot.

No worries, let me know how it goes.
    07-17-09 05:34 PM
    I downloaded the update. It seems to be working on my Tour. I'll let you know how everything works out tomorrow on the golf course.
    Thanks in advance for the update.

07-20-09 02:30 PM
    I really love this app. While my golf buddy didn't appreciate me on my phone the whole time.
    How exactly do I map out a course that isn't on the list.

07-30-09 01:05 PM
    have some questions and wondering if anyone who has it on their BB pearl 8100 and can chat about it outside of this forum. some questions I have is.. what version of J2ME / JDK / Java do I need - and how do I find what version I currently have? How can I tell if I have GPS capability on my phone? I can send/receive emails, txts, surf the web, and have BB Maps and Google Maps. Thanks so much!
    08-04-09 11:21 PM
    Can you get it to work on Verizon
    08-07-09 09:01 AM
    It works great on my Verizon Tour.

08-07-09 11:11 AM
    - Bottom line; Excellent application !

- I was worried about battery drainage so I always looked at screen then put into holster until I needed next yardage. I charged battery night before and make many calls in morning then golfed in afternoon. An hour after golf, I had 1 battery bar remaining.

- It auto-advances to next hole, so I NEVER touched keyboard the entire round. Again, I just removed from holster, got my info and returned to holster.

- I did not enter scores or any info on this first use. Next time.

- I was impressed with accuracy. I moved just a hair and the numbers all adjusted. I was quite surprised to discover I really have no clue how to accurately gauge/estimate how far the shot needs to go. The markers on the fairway/cartpath are not so dependable anymore. Many were way off.

- This app does not have any graphics, which is great my me. It is pure text and easy to read.

- I was not aware of all the options available; one example "auto advance to next hole" is controlled by distance away from last green. If you drive the cart way around a green, it might advance you by accident. The forums on his site suggest you can experiment with turning off the auto-advance.

- Bottom line; its very tough to complain about an application of this caliber you can use, and comment on, for this price ($0). I encourage anyone that likes it to honor the subtle donation request on website.

- Strongly recommended.

Tom
    08-15-09 11:39 AM
    Use it, like it alot on my VZ Storm. Sometimes it seems like the distances won't update, but doesn't happen a lot. Seems like it is getting pretty big, how are you able to keep it available for free? Are you going to have to sell or start it as a job rather than a hobby? Free going away any time soon.
    Thx
    08-18-09 02:29 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 and I really want to use this app, but everytime I try to load a course it tells me to enable my GPS. The GPS on my phone is already enabled. Anyone know how to fix this? Verizon is my carrier. Thanks!
    09-05-09 07:22 AM
    I have a Curve 8330 and I really want to use this app, but everytime I try to load a course it tells me to enable my GPS. The GPS on my phone is already enabled. Anyone know how to fix this? Verizon is my carrier. Thanks!
    The only way to get BBGPSGolf to work with Verizon (8330, 8830 or 8130) is to use an external GPS bluetooth receiver. It works fine with the Storm and the Tour.
    Last edited by ashworth; 09-05-09 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added BB versions
    09-05-09 10:19 AM
    - Bottom line; Excellent application !
    Thanks for the great review!!
    09-05-09 10:22 AM
    Excellent software! Once installed, it even tells you that you need to set the APN. Self-resolving connection issue which is brilliant! It works brilliantly last Saturday, and it uses only one bar of my battery power. Excellent all around.

One minor point is I am unable to get the scorecard to work. It is always 0, and I am not sure what I have not done correctly.

Thank you for the great software.
    10-12-09 04:06 AM
    Does anyone know if the BBGPSGolf software will work on a Storm 2 (9550)?
    10-27-09 01:58 PM
    Has anyone got version 1.0.19 to work on the Torch 9800? When I go in to the options and enter my information nothing gets saved. The only way to get out of the options screen is to select cancel.
    09-28-10 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD