I see you did not implement a "LETTER" search where you press, for example, "P" and it jumps to a file/folder that starts with the letter P.
    that was not implemented for good reasons...
    you see that on plenty of BB devices you have this combined keys...it was already quite difficult to find "good" keyboard shortcuts for the main functions of BBFileScout... it would had get extremely messy, if I would had implement your suggestion...

But there might be a solution for this - like "go to..." menu item, which allows you to type in the first chars - and then the selection will go to that point in the list...

Concerning the OTA-"download" link... actually you should always find the current/up2date links on the bbfilescout HP - the problem is, that other sides have started to link the files directly from there sites (which does not make me very happy - since I am the one who have to pay the traffic)... so when you want to DL tha app - do it from bbfs homepage ;-)
    03-07-09 10:43 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.4.9

What's new?
    • "Bulk" processing (process more then a single file/less then the complete directory):
      • Copy selection of files
      • Move selection of files
      • Delete selection of files
      • Zip selection of files
    • Key short cuts:
      • [SPACE]: Select/Deselect the current highlighted file (to be able to multi select)

What's fixed?
    • Improvements for smaller displays like 8800'er
    • Catching errors while reading Contacts (eMail attachments function)
    • additional alternative JAD inside the BBFileScout ZIP download

Installation & Update
    You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Looking forward for your comments
    Matthias
    03-07-09 01:34 PM
    wow, it's being updated like crazy!

good job though, I really really like this program. it makes browsing very easy. now if I could just use it to change the default folders on my BB
    03-08-09 01:48 AM
    woo 0.4.10 now
    03-08-09 03:01 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.4.10
    did that already last night (GMT)

What's new?
    • Auto detection of 'PDF 2 go'
    • If 'PDF 2 go' is installed PDF files will be automatically opend (no manual file association required)

What's fixed?
    • Contact reading should not show any popup, if a error occurs

Installation & Update

Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Looking forward for your comments
    Matthias
    03-08-09 03:26 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.4.11

What's new?
    • Default BB-eMail Composer is used to send any FileAttachments from BBFileScout (previously there was a own implemented eMail composer)
    • If the default BB-eMail Composer is causing problems with sending attachments, then you can turn on the BBFileScout-"buildIn" eMail Composer via the Options.

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-08-09 05:17 AM
    I'll try it out for a few days - sounds like a usefull app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 06:41 AM
    @Matthias,

Thank you for your great work! Finally I had it installed on my 8700 via BDM. I really like this app.

Your update is so fast. I have just installed v4.10 and now it is 4.11!

BTW, there is a small bug on 4.10. When I choose "Confirm Exit" option, I can not exit :-)
    I have to uncheck that option and exit it by BACK button.

03-08-09 07:56 AM
    I realized that when nerver I did any command, if there was a popup dialog, OK/Cancelfor example,I could not choose neither OK nor Cancel. I tried to press Enter, Space bar, Trackwheel,... But nothing happened. Only the Back button worked. That's why I could not exit the program with Confirm Exit dialog.
    Besides, I could not read the system folders. What I saw is only the folder names, nothing inside.
    My phone model is 8700, OS 4.5

Last edited by dongxanh; 03-08-09 at 09:17 AM.
    03-08-09 09:11 AM
    BBFileScout update to 0.4.12

What's fixed?
    • All the button's in the popup's (e.g. confirm dialogues) have now own KeyListener to react on ENTER -> required for sure for 8700'er users - *shame on me*!
    • Open 'XXX' should be now preselected menu entry (instead of 'options')
    • Bug hunting for Iare's "Uncaught exception: invalid initialValue" crash

Installation & Update

Matthias
    03-08-09 12:54 PM

What's fixed?[list][*]All the button's in the popup's (e.g. confirm dialogues) have now own KeyListener to react on ENTER -> required for sure for 8700'er users -

Matthias
    Wow! How fast are your work and effort!
    Thanks alot. You are awsome. I am going to try it right away. Keep up the good work!

03-08-09 01:33 PM
    I have changed the OTA installer files -> I hope now the OTA-Problems are solved now - would be nice to get some feedback on this *shame*
    Last edited by emacf1; 03-08-09 at 04:16 PM.
    03-08-09 03:12 PM
    Worked fine here.
    On thing: I use repligo reader (pdf). I added the pdf file extension to open wirh repligo reader. But instead of opening the do only repligo is opened...not the doc..
    Could you change this?

Thx for that nice app!!
    Sponch

03-08-09 04:13 PM
    I am sorry, that repligo reader does not open the actual file - there is nothing that could be done here from my side - since BBFileScout is calling the app with the file as cmd line parameter... [that's the concept of the file association]... mhhh

Strange thing is, that another user have reported, that it worked smooth like silk -> might be it makes sense to compare the versions of repligo reader
    03-08-09 04:40 PM
    Mh... Vers. 1.1.0.4 insttalled here on my bold- should be the recent version.

03-08-09 04:44 PM
    OTA worked nicely, finally! ;-) Otherwise great app, something that should come as a stock app actually!
    03-08-09 05:19 PM
    Mh... Vers. 1.1.0.4 insttalled here on my bold- should be the recent version.
    going to investigate this in the next couple of days... [can take some time sorry] - already changed the info on the bbfilescout HP - that's not so nice - but thank you much for the feedback.

I wished I simply could get this reader app... but right now there is not much support of the project.
    03-08-09 06:08 PM
    I just want to know when you sleep?!!! (G) You have messages at all hours of the day and night (USA time!!)

Thanks for the app
    03-08-09 07:01 PM
    I have changed the OTA installer files -> I hope now the OTA-Problems are solved now - would be nice to get some feedback on this *shame*
    You are contributing a good thing for BB community. Your great effort is highly appreciated. No "shame" here at all! I wish I could do something like what you are doing

03-08-09 09:01 PM
    Downloaded and installed fine OTA and working great on T-Mobile US 8900. Thanks - will see if I have a use for the program.
    03-09-09 07:49 AM

What's fixed?
    • All the button's in the popup's (e.g. confirm dialogues) have now own KeyListener to react on ENTER -> required for sure for 8700'er users - *shame on me*!
    • Open 'XXX' should be now preselected menu entry (instead of 'options')
    • Bug hunting for Iare's "Uncaught exception: invalid initialValue" crash

Matthias
    I notice that the following warning is missing from this post: Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Is this no longer a problem?
    03-09-09 08:16 AM
    I downloaded this on my Storm and deleted the sample video and sample pictures. Before deleting, I had 50.3 MB of Application Memory and my File Free in Status was 51125890. After deleting the pictures and video, I have 50.4 MB of Application Memory and my file free is 51839396. Did the files actually delete? I thought I would get a lot more memory from deleting those files.
    03-09-09 09:14 AM
    you're talking about a different thing ;-) it's your ram that controls application memory. ie. when you have mulitple apps open. by deleting the samples you have just saved yourself some hard drive space effectively on the internal memory.
    03-09-09 10:47 AM
    So is the Application Memory the actual hard drive memory?
    03-09-09 11:27 AM
    I notice that the following warning is missing from this post: Once again: Deleting or renaming files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Is this no longer a problem?
    This still remains - I "though" that I would not be required that I keep constantly repeating myself - I am very sorry, that this inconsistent behaviour caused confusion on your side. It's still the case, that I do not take any responsibility if you are deleting files that may break the BB OS itself... Actually I just can assume/hope that the BB-Filesystem API does not allow self destroying actions... but on a windows PC you are still able to type "format C: /u" and destroy with that your Installation (assuming your OS is installed on drive C)... So what I want to say basically is, that you are responsible yourself... For sure I can say, that BBFileScout only delete files you have requested to delete - but I am not able to decide, if this was a wise (or a stupid) decision from the user.

Matthias
    03-09-09 12:36 PM
521 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD