i can't seem to find a GPS app for the BB Z30 that will work for me in the backcountry. i don't need locating streets and restaurants etc. i'm looking for something that will show lakes and rivers etc. the Canada TOPO app is fantastic but not available for BB, so i', looking for an alternative.
    thanks
    12-06-15 07:29 PM
    i can't seem to find a GPS app for the BB Z30 that will work for me in the backcountry. i don't need locating streets and restaurants etc. i'm looking for something that will show lakes and rivers etc. the Canada TOPO app is fantastic but not available for BB, so i', looking for an alternative.
    thanks
    Although Canada TOPO is not available through Amazon, it is through Google Play and if you're not averse to installing Cobalt's work around you can probably patch up the apk to make it work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    What you're looking for is an off line GPS maps app. There have been several recent threads on this and there are at least a couple offline mapping apps in BlackBerry World. I've been using Genius Maps by Mireo which has recently replaced Mireo Don't Panic. I believe Nokia's Android version of Here maps is also an option.

Just be careful about relying on it in the back country because battery consumption is quite high when running a GPS app continuously

I just checked, and Canada Topo Maps is available through the Amazon App Store on BB10.
    12-06-15 08:08 PM
    I use Osmand, not the easiest interface but it works. Use it as a backup when hiking. Uses open street maps.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 11:09 PM
    thanks
    Although Canada TOPO is not available through Amazon, it is through Google Play and if you're not averse to installing Cobalt's work around you can probably patch up the apk to make it work.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    12-07-15 12:37 AM