Confused on google sync, and what to do with BB desktop manager sync.

Set up google sync, but found as others, despite setting default calendar on BB to google, etc, did not sync any previously entered calendar items from BB to google.

Set up my outlook calendar, which I have been syncing from BB via desktop manager, to sync with google, 2-way and automatically.

Now, I have successfully synced my outlook calendar with my BB info, to Google, and I have google sync set to auto sync any new calendar entries I put in my BB calendar to google.

Question is:
    Should I continue to sync my BB with desktop manager (which uses Outlook), or stop this, and just allow google sync to get my BB calendar changes, and let it update my desktop Outlook automatically?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    05-31-10 10:29 PM
    I use Google Sync for my office. It's kept four computers (two desktops and two notebooks) and my BlackBerry in sync with no problems for well over a year. I never use DM.

When you set up Google sync on your BB, did you note that you can control how far in advance & past you can sync?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 01:15 AM
    thanks Rimesq!

I did notice the time filters.

How would you restore your BB info if you update your BB OS or buy a new BB?

Thanks!
    06-03-10 09:12 AM
    How would you restore your BB info if you update your BB OS or buy a new BB?
    I've done both recently: just got an insurance refurb and played with a couple of OS leaks.

If you just install Google Sync, it will update your new device/OS with your calendar and contact information when you run it for the first time.

I also have SmrtGuard, so I use that to sync notes.

Otherwise, everything of import is stored to my SD card, and I just reinstall my apps from MobiHand.
    06-09-10 02:11 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    06-10-10 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD