for some reason, every night, my bb messages get deleted and my google talk conversations as well.....
    anyone know why?
    ive only had the pearl for 3 days, having sold my iphone
    thanks in advance
    06-03-09 10:25 PM
    A lot of times this is a memory issue. Now with the device 3 days old I'm not so sure. Have you downloaded a lot of themes or apps over the last 3 days? If you go to options>status and post that file free number here we can check to see if it is a memory problem.
    06-03-09 10:31 PM
    1288679 bytes
    06-03-09 10:38 PM
    downloaded no themes, a couple of apps....
    quickpull set to eveyr morning at 7am...
    pandora, facebook.
    facebook messages stay.hmm actually they dont! facebook messages get deleted tooo.....
    i changed some memory thing from 5 to 15 mbs... but i forget where that was....
    its not a huge deal, but strikes me as strange
    06-03-09 10:40 PM
    so only texts and emails stay in my messages folder, and the rest are deleted entirely from the phone
    06-03-09 10:40 PM
    Go to media the hit the berry button set general device memory to 15mb and reserve picture memory to 0mb. Your device has low memory by the sounds of it. Closing apps properly? Do a battery pull for one thing (take the battery out while the device is on, leave it out for 1 minute or so and put battery back in). I delete emails after reading they hog space. Facebook can also be a memory hog. I deleted it personally. I find it just as easy to go to the site and have the device run better to boot. The big thing is always make sure to close apps properly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 10:48 PM
    1288679 bytes
    Okay as I suspected here is your culprit. This is only 1.2 MB. Way too low for the device to run normally. You are gonna need to get that number up. Look at the apps you have downloaded and the ones you don't use much delete them. Also if you are saving pics make sure you have a media card and they are going there instead of the device memory. There is a link in my signature for memory optimization you may need to check it out. Post back with any trouble or questions you may have...
    06-03-09 10:49 PM
    ok having some difficulty here...........
    ive deleted almost all my pictures.... i have moved about 40 songs over to my blackberry..... perhaps they were not saved on the media card??? this is strange
    although i just deleted them and it jumped up to
    i read somewhere that the options to save to media are reset after every restart, which quickpull is set to do everyday....
    thoughts?
    what should my file size be at?
    06-03-09 10:58 PM
    i do have facebook and googletalk running......
    can i really not have enough memory for those two to be on at the same time?
    06-03-09 11:02 PM
    allright, i deleted korean and japanese language packs and restarted... now its back to
    which is 11mbs
    which seems ok.... but now i will run facebook and gtalk and see what happens
    06-03-09 11:10 PM
    what should my file size be at?
    File free memory should be around 12 MB. Now that is normally for the curve but the pearl I have most ppl that own them tell me 8 or around that is enough to run things smoothly. What OS do you have? If you don't know or how to get to it either go to options>about or type the word mypin and hit spacebar in a text to see your Operating System version.
    06-03-09 11:10 PM
    hm they were already running....
    ok, more updates tomorrow. thanks for helping out!
    06-03-09 11:11 PM
    v4.5.077
    06-03-09 11:13 PM
    allright, i deleted korean and japanese language packs and restarted... now its back to
    which is 11mbs
    which seems ok.... but now i will run facebook and gtalk and see what happens
    I think you should be okay where you are at on file free memory. Just keep an eye on it. See if those convos delete now.

hm they were already running....
    ok, more updates tomorrow. thanks for helping out!

You are more than welcome anytime my friend...
    06-03-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD