Hi people just wondering about BBmaps.

I have .797 os installed on my phone.Prior to this I had the .591.
    Mind you my phone is unlocked.I had a few things change on me since then.
    The other day while still on .591 I downloaded google maps 4.4 and it crashed my phone.
    This was my push to install .797.Afterwards I can see bbmaps on my apps list but I cannot find it anywhere on the menu and therefor cannot open it up to use it.Second I'm not sure if I should try to download google maps again since it crashed my phone the other day i wonder if it will do it again.I had my info save as a backup but it was kind of old and still i lost some information thank god it wasnt all of it tho.
    Can someone help me out here with the BB maps problem tho i cannot figure out what the issue might be the Os came with bb maps but it dont show up.
    08-11-10 05:57 PM
    Is there any chance that the bb maps app is hidden? Go to the applications folder, then menu and click show all, and see if it pops up. Otherwise, I don't have any idea how this could be happening short of an OS problem. BB Maps works OK on my storm w/797. Google maps works OK on my storm as well. I'd try downloading it again even if it was a problem on an earlier OS.
    08-24-10 04:16 AM
    Google Maps should be fine. AT&T blocks BBMaps because they want you to use their subscription nav app. I have read you can use QuickLaunch to run BBMaps, but I haven't tried it.
    08-24-10 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD