After upgrading my OS to .266, I get this dialog box every time I hook up my BB to Desktop Manager to sync with Outlook. I've just been canceling and doing my normal Sync, but I was wondering if I should let it do this or continue to cancel? I don't want to back up to the old OS that came with the Bold out of the box. Everything is working great with the device at the moment.

05-18-09 09:20 AM
    Version .266 is actually 4.6.0.266, if you read the popup box it letting you know there's a new update to the language support. That's all that will be updated.
    05-18-09 10:17 AM
    Remove the OS from your PC.

Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs..
    05-18-09 10:48 AM
    Remove the OS from your PC.

Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs..
    It only shows the 4.6.0.266 version installed, which is the one on my device. Would that cause any problems, or should I just accept it on the DM connection?
    05-18-09 11:30 AM
    Once the os installed on the device you can remove it from the computer. You will not get that "English UK" prompt again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 11:38 AM
    Once the os installed on the device you can remove it from the computer. You will not get that "English UK" prompt again.

Ahhh, gotcha. I've been doing this long enough that I should have known that.

I went ahead with the "update" to see what would happen and it put it back just like it was with the .266 version. So I uninstalled it from my desktop and it worked like a charm...no more prompt. Thanks very much!
    05-18-09 11:46 AM
    You are welcome

05-18-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD