First of all I wanted to say �Hi� to all and thanks in advance for your help.

I�ve tried to search for solutions to my problem here and in other forums but I had no success. Hope you can help me with finding a solution here.

I own a BlackBerry Bold 9900 upgraded to the latest OS version available (7.1 Bundle 1149, Platform 5.1.0.276) and the mobile operator is Vodafone Albania with BIS plan activated and fully working (BB logo/four dots) showing, Push email working, Gmail syncing, etc.).But there are three applications that simply don�t work as they should. The three applications giving troubles and not working are:

BlackBerry Browser (7.1.0)
    Facebook Application (3.1.0.11)
    Twitter Application (3.1.0.8)

Those apps simply just won�t connect when I use only the 3G BIS connection. When I activate and connect through Wi-Fi they magically start working.

When I try to login with the Facebook App using the mobile operator 3G connection the app just spins and after a while it aborts the operation and the error message reads: �We cannot reach the Facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)�

The same goes for twitter also. When I try to login under the 3G service, it spins and spins and aborts showing the following error message: �Timed out.�

Also I run into the same problem with the BlackBerry Browser. It times out trying to connect to any URL I type; �Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.�

Those problems just disappear when I activate the Wi-Fi connection and use those apps.

I tried to upgrade/downgrade/use hybrids etc. Also tried battery pulls, resending the Service Books, resetting to factory default, using other SIM card with BIS plan active, even using other operator SIMs with BIS plan also active. Contacted the mobile operator support and they tried resetting the connection more than 4 times but the problem persists. Searching the net for solutions I managed to make the Browser work deleting the �BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service 2� and �WAP2 Transport� Service Books, but even then no Facebook or Twitter app.

Now I am without a clue on what to do to make those apps work.

Everything was running fine and apps working until two or three months ago when I did upgraded to a version whose number I don�t remember right now.

Anyone has any idea on what�s going on and how can I make those app work again?

Thank you in advance, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben.
    05-25-12 05:25 PM
    I have the same problem. It seems the "fix" that works for me is to go to "manage connections", uncheck everything, wait a few seconds for everything to fully disconnect, then reselect your options. I run into this problem when I leave home and disconnect from wi-fi and the phone isn't automatically switching over to the cellular network and then again when I'm back to the wi-fi connection. Basically, it's not good at switching back and forth between the two connections without a little kick. Hopefully this works for you too!
    05-27-12 01:58 AM
    I have the same problem. It seems the "fix" that works for me is to go to "manage connections", uncheck everything, wait a few seconds for everything to fully disconnect, then reselect your options. I run into this problem when I leave home and disconnect from wi-fi and the phone isn't automatically switching over to the cellular network and then again when I'm back to the wi-fi connection. Basically, it's not good at switching back and forth between the two connections without a little kick. Hopefully this works for you too!
    Merkatroyd, thank you for your tip. Tried what you're saying but still no joy. Still the same problem. Anyway, thank you.
    05-28-12 03:53 AM
    Try sending a registration message - Advanced System Settings / Host Routing Table / Register Now. This downloads the Browser Service Book.
    05-28-12 04:13 AM
    Try sending a registration message - Advanced System Settings / Host Routing Table / Register Now. This downloads the Browser Service Book.
    If it's a service books problem then i think many other things won't work either... but it's worth a try...
    05-28-12 04:44 AM
    Thank You TrespassersW. Tried that too but no luck
    05-28-12 05:04 AM
    If it's a service books problem then i think many other things won't work either... but it's worth a try...
    Thanks blackberry-unlocking710. Yes, tried but no luck. The only app that works when I delete two Service Books is the Browser. Facebook and Twitter still wont work.
    05-28-12 05:06 AM
    Hi All,

Same here, but my problem is only when I connect to Wi-Fi, there is no internet connectivity. Have tried following options but without any success:

1. Re-installation of OS
    2. Register Host Routing Table

(BB 9780, EDGE- Tata DoCoMo, India)
    05-31-12 04:54 AM
    I am having this same issue with my 9860. The BB Browser, Twitter and Facebook stopped working over 3G. Other apps work, and I have the 4 dots beside the 3G. It was working and now it has just recently stopped. I have re registered my device, resent service books, deleted service book then reset them. I can still sent and receive BBM's.
    06-06-12 08:15 AM
    I am having the same problem right now. In korea on 9930 and the apps that you named off are not working. I'm using opera mini to browse web right now.

Bbm, email, and app world still work.

Sounds like from this thread it's a service book issue maybe?
    06-20-12 04:17 PM
    I had a very similar issue when I got my Bold 9900 back in Feb/Mar of this year. Ended up switching data plans (I'm a BES/BIS user though so this might not be the exact issue but could help lead you in the right direction) and some things weren't set up properly come to find out later. Since I was on BES, most things worked (email - both BES and BIS, browser, BBM, etc) as they by default were going through the BES server but I found apps that would only work via WIFI (facebook) and apps that wouldn't work at all as it seems they can only work through BIS (blackberry travel). Turns out the issue was my account wasn't provisioned correctly. I had to have Blackberry call T-mobile and walk them through exactly what the issue was.

The reasoned ended up being a few service books weren't being pushed to my device since my carrier did not have me provisioned for those services even though I had the BES/BIS data plan showing on my account. Look through your service books and see if you find these:

IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
    BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service [BrowserConfig]

If you don't, chances are it's a problem with how your account is set up.
    06-20-12 05:09 PM
    I am having the same problem right now. In korea on 9930 and the apps that you named off are not working. I'm using opera mini to browse web right now.

Bbm, email, and app world still work.

Sounds like from this thread it's a service book issue maybe?
    I have the same problem in Mexico... My cellphone is BB 9930 and my carrier is Unefon... I tryed this solution: http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-106023/ (using the service books from my mexican carrier) but doesn't work for me.
    02-19-13 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD