It looks like the release date for v1.1 is July 31st.

FROM BERRYREVIEW:

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/07/2...documentation/

BlackBerry App World 1.1 Coming Soon? Interesting New Features in Documentation
    July 28th, 2009 by Ronen Halevy Now this is a little turn of events. I was looking at the new development tools that RIM released for the BlackBerry browser today and ran into some new documentation.

RIM has updated their App World documentation from version 1.0 to version 1.1. The new version 1.1 has two major new features that make sense but we have yet to see.

flexible storage capabilities �

This feature permits BlackBerry App World� storefront users to remove applications from their BlackBerry� devices and reinstall the applications without paying for the application a second time. BlackBerry App World archives a record of the application to save memory and so that the user does not have to maintain the application on the BlackBerry device. BlackBerry App World users can also install or archive applications on expandable memory, such as a media card.
    web site for BlackBerry App World -

This feature permits users to read descriptions and reviews and view screen shots of applications even if they are not BlackBerry App World users. Users can find applications by using the search function, selecting an application category, or browsing by Featured Items, Top Free, Top Paid, or Newest Applications. Users can visit the web site for BlackBerry App World at BlackBerry App World.
    Does this mean App World 1.1 is right around the corner? Personally I think there should have been a desktop version of App World from the start but adding the ability to archive applications to the SD card is a step in the right direction of being able to install to an SD card�

Check out the documentation at this link or more at this link
    07-28-09 01:00 PM
    i hope this is true, 8GB of space vs 128mb is much better!
    07-28-09 01:21 PM
    Installing apps on SD and storing them on SD are two different things... Nothing new here except if you wipe, you can reinstall apps via SD instead of fully downloading them again.
    07-28-09 01:23 PM
    Installing apps on SD and storing them on SD are two different things... Nothing new here except if you wipe, you can reinstall apps via SD instead of fully downloading them again.
    From what is states:

BlackBerry App World users can also INSTALL or archive applications on expandable memory, such as a media card.
    07-28-09 01:44 PM
    From what is states:

BlackBerry App World users can also INSTALL or archive applications on expandable memory, such as a media card.
    this doesnt mean you can actually run apps off the sd card. this is merely storage like a backup.
    07-28-09 01:46 PM
    That would require an OS update... And look beyond 5.x to have that capability, because its not there yet. Probably will never be thanks to security issues it would raise.
    07-28-09 02:02 PM
    i wonder if this will run on 5.0
    07-28-09 02:05 PM
    Looks like it will support 5.0 and maybe facebook 1.7 not far behind...
    07-28-09 09:12 PM
    Great news! Super! I can't wait. My berry will run faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 09:14 PM
    That would require an OS update... And look beyond 5.x to have that capability, because its not there yet. Probably will never be thanks to security issues it would raise.
    What are these "security issues" I always hear about in these kind of threads?
    07-28-09 09:16 PM
    nice! i can't wait!
    07-28-09 09:32 PM
    Link is dead
    07-29-09 05:05 PM
    This may be a stupid question....but i have the latest blackberry app world....i recently downloaded an app but i have no clue how to store this app on my memory card.....i have searched my storm and app world but have found nothing......i would really appreciate any help i can get...

thanks

chiles
    08-11-09 07:29 PM
    >appworld
    >In MYWORLD
    >select a program in the installed file names
    >menu
    >archive
    The program file will be archived to your SD card.
    >after archive, the system will ask if you want to reboot for the archive to take effect.
    (I found the files in BBFileScout)

The program will be stored in
    /store/blackberry/appworld/downloads/your pin#/your program archived

This is a good idea is you have paid for a program and want to keep a copy off the phone memory.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-11-09 at 09:38 PM.
    08-11-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD