I do not have a BB network subscription. I only have access to the internet by my telephone provider's network. Does this mean I cannot access the BB apps store? I have had my BB Torch for about two months now and I have never been able to connect to the apps store. I keep getting the same message about not being able to connect to the BB network.

I have downloaded the Crackberry Superstore in an attempt to get at some apps, but even with that I get an error message, "Error while trying to retrieve the content, please check the status of your device's network connection". Well I can connect to the internet with it and have no problems accessing other internet sites. But anything relating to apps and especially those provided via BB network, are not accessible to me.

What is going on?
    11-06-11 05:10 PM
    Yes. That's what it means. You must have an active BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use BlackBerry Data Features such as BlackBerry App World.
    11-06-11 05:49 PM
    Yes. That's what it means. You must have an active BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use BlackBerry Data Features such as BlackBerry App World.
    Ok it is obvious that bb is not meant for the larger consumer base. If I had known of its many restrictions, I would never have bought it. Time to get a really smart phone. Like a htc or samsung. Bb is rubbish in comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 09:11 PM
    you can connect to internet via your providers data plan, issue is bb store.
    11-06-11 09:44 PM
    Ok it is obvious that bb is not meant for the larger consumer base. If I had known of its many restrictions, I would never have bought it. Time to get a really smart phone. Like a htc or samsung. Bb is rubbish in comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The "larger consumer base" all have data plans.
    Boggles my mind why someone would buy a smart phone, but not get any type of data plan.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 11-06-11 at 10:31 PM.
    11-06-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD