Why do some apps cause my storm 9550 to switch to lower case edge and loose connection. RIM needs to look into this stupid issue. The new app world is one of those apps. When it does so, it also eats my prepaid credit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 01:21 PM
    If you're using a Storm 2 9550 unlocked on a different service provider, then the problem may be due to your service provider (and since you're using an unlocked phone, good luck getting support from them). Unfortunately, this is the danger when you use unlocked phones on other service providers. If you use the phone as it is supposed to be used (e.g. on Verizon or whatever carrier it is branded to), you likely wouldn't see that issue (I haven't with my S2 on Telus).
    08-21-10 04:57 PM
    Does your bis require tcp/ip aka apn to work?

If don't require then you should remove the apn settings so your phone and apps will only use default bis and will not switch out of bis to normal data.

08-22-10 02:20 AM
    I did delete the apn settings and it still occurred. Anyways, somebody told me its a carrier problem as he and others have experienced the issue as well.

08-22-10 12:39 PM
    Just went to the Native Apps Section of the forums and its actually a worldwide problem. It only works for many ppl on WiFi.
    08-22-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD