Hi my name is john i have a bb curve 8530 from virgin mobile i was looking to purchase a few apps and when i log in to blackberry id to purchase it says" bb app world would not connect to bb app world server try again later" i tryed reinstalling i also tryed checking the permit insecure renegotiation which is checked bb app world iss installed correctly and i have no clue what to do next i would like to try and install a older version of app world but cant find one please help im so frustrated> thank you .can anyone help on this matter blackberry employee had no f-ing idea about this im so pissed nowughhhhh.
    Last edited by John Campagna; 11-15-12 at 06:55 AM.
    11-14-12 09:57 PM
    I had a similiar problem. On my home screen it showed the BB app icon and go to click on it nothing happened , wouldn't open. same with BBM. I did a baterry pull , that fixed it.
    11-15-12 02:30 AM
    My problem is that I can't get My World to work. I keep getting an error. can't even get into "Payment options". When I click on it, nothing happens. I've tried everything short of reinstalling my os. Today I'm going to use bbsak and remove every single App World cod that I can find and then reinstall App World. Wish me luck!
    11-16-12 04:24 AM
    Make sure you have appworld that is for your region. Uninstall what you have and install appworld from blackberry site using BB browser.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    11-16-12 06:16 AM
    I have a similar problem. I have a BB 9780. My Blackberry app world simply won't open. I've deleted and reinstalled it a few times. I've tried turning the machine on and off. Nothing works. What can I do?
    11-16-12 04:06 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have a BB 9780. My Blackberry app world simply won't open. I've deleted and reinstalled it a few times. I've tried turning the machine on and off. Nothing works. What can I do?
    I've tried everything I know and everything that I've read about to get this fixed, except....reloading my os. I'm downloading a new os onto my laptop now. I'll shrink it with BBHTool and later tonight I'll install. Hopefully, this will be a fix for App World "My World" working again. If it works or not I'll post back.
    11-16-12 04:18 PM
    New os and still can't refresh My World. I deleted App World, installed the OS, reinstalled App World from the BlackBerry Web Site and the same old error is still happening. I give up!!!!
    11-16-12 07:57 PM
    Yeah. Me too. BB is really pretty awful. I don't need many apps, but this is ridiculous. I still have almost a year left on my contract but after that, it might be time to ditch the phone.
    11-17-12 09:57 AM
    Well! I loaded the new Verizon os update early this morning and App World was still buggered. But I did find out something: My paid apps are still available as paid. I found one that I don't use and even though it's a paid app, it still loaded up and didn't prompt me to pay for it again.....so that's good enough for now I guess. But unlike ajbibi, I will NOT be giving up on my BlackBerry or RIM and WILL have a new BB10 next year! Woohoo!
    11-17-12 10:58 AM