I just installed App World. I was looking through apps and the phone was lagging really bad. I got a text and couldn't even check it because the phone was lagging. Just did a battery pull and I'm still seeing the sand timer just sitting there not allowing me to even move the cursor.

Is this a known problem or ???
    07-30-09 11:49 AM
    whats your free file?

Options, status...
    07-30-09 11:50 AM
    App World takes alot of mem. When the new App world comes out it has to be a desktop version for me to use it
    07-30-09 11:53 AM
    I recommend deleting App world, it's caused lot's of people issues...
    07-30-09 11:54 AM
    If I download the apps can I then delete App World? LOL

Free file is 14035140
    07-30-09 11:56 AM
    I generally install it only if what I want is only offered on App World and then uninstall as soon as I've got what I want. Its a pain but it keeps my phone running well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 12:01 PM
    Sad to say the Curve really can't handle BB App World very well.Like others have said,it uses alot of memory and the 83xx series is just too old. I downloaded App World to my 8330 when it first came out and it was so laggy.I thought it was App World itself so I deleted it and reinstalled it a few months later.Same thing.I'm hoping a newer version of App World will be online.However it seemed to me alot of the apps being offered I could find on my BB browser and just download OTA straight from the site.
    07-30-09 12:29 PM
    I'm really looking for a lot of games (for myself and my 6 year old) that are free.
    07-30-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD