Three times now I have done a battery pull and my blackberry app world has disappeared. I am running the verizon pushed 5.0 os. Is this a common issue, if so is there a fix?
    11-09-09 02:15 PM
    Three times now I have done a battery pull and my blackberry app world has disappeared. I am running the verizon pushed 5.0 os. Is this a common issue, if so is there a fix?
    First welcome to the Asylum!

Second please for the love of everything learn the search key. Other members will flame you big time for asking a question that has been asked and answered many, many, many, times before.

So I did a search and found one way to fix your problem actually it's the way I came up with.

Good luck!

Every time I loaded the App it litters my phone with the "archive" ghost files of things I previously downloaded.

Well I would then try to delete one and the Storm would want to restart.

Once the phone is back up the App World is gone along with the archives.

Here is the fix that worked for "ME".

I loaded App World (Again)

I made a new folder and named it "Hide Me"

I then moved ALL the archives into that folder and while it was selected I hit the BB button and selected: "Hide".

Then I did a battery pul via QuickPull and "BAM" it's still there!

I'm on my third battery pull via QuickPull and it's still on my phone loaded and ready to go.

So this worked for me it "might" work for you.

Good luck.

James

This was also suggested in another thread but I have not tried it:

If you go into "my world" within App World, hit uninstall for those apps you no longer want and deleted, the archive icons go away.

Good luck
    11-09-09 02:47 PM
    I noticed that too. I had to do 3 battery pulls just over the weekend. thanks vz. Also, my bloomberg, pandora, and flycast will not work with this 5.0
    11-09-09 08:28 PM
    Flycast works just fine for me with clean .328 install; recording and all
    11-10-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD