I added the BB App World on to my blackberry bold, and i cant download any apps, because it says, "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I've tried it a ton of times, and I've erased the app and installed it again various times and it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it ??

by the way my network connections are fine cause i did download the app from the internet...
    04-01-09 04:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem but from other post it seems that it is because we were all connected to our corporate BES. R you also on BES?
    04-01-09 05:00 PM
    Whats a corporate BES??
    04-01-09 05:02 PM
    Bes is the server that your employer manages your blackberry. If you bought your phone and it is not connected to your employers server than this doesn't apply to you.
    04-01-09 05:09 PM
    ohh ok thanks. so nooo i bought my own phone, nothing to do with my employer

anyone have any theories as to why this is happening ?
    04-01-09 05:12 PM
    Seems to be working fine on AT&T network with BIS. There is a thread about Rogers users having trouble with the App world. Check that out... may have a solution available.
    04-01-09 05:15 PM
    It's been suggested that you need to set up your APN settings (can't vouch for that since I've never jad to set mine up).

It's also been suggested that you may have to turn off your firewall (which may be valid - mine is off by default).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 05:46 PM
    anyone know how to do the APN settings thing????
    04-01-09 06:18 PM
    Never had to deal with the APN. Did you disable the firewall. Thats the easiest .
    04-01-09 06:25 PM
    im not sure how to do that either :$
    Sorryy im not very experienced with the bb!
    04-01-09 06:40 PM
    OH MY GOD!
    I disabled the firewall, i set up the APN thing and NOTHING works.
    someone please help meee
    04-01-09 11:56 PM
    RIM has created a KB article for this which says it's been escalated to development... no ETA though.

blackberry . com /btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17 855
    04-03-09 04:11 PM
    FYI.. 1.0.0.28 is out and appears to fix the problem.
    04-03-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD