You ever put money in a vending machine and get nothing? Well it appears that BB App world can be like that at times.

I purchased Magmic Sudoku via BB App World back in April. A few weeks ago, Sudoku abruptly stopped working. First I went to Magmic support to ask for help and they never answered me. So I went to magmic's web site and saw faq instructions to reinstall it and it would "stay registered". So I reinstalled it and it quit working and started asking for a registration. No problem. I'll just put in my registration code. What? I don't have one? I have a proof of purchase email but no registration code. No problem. I'll just email the developer and have them send it over. Their response? Maybe they'll get back to me in 5 to 7 business days. That's long enough for them to send me the code by parcel post.

Never again will I buy something from BB app world. It's not worth the hassle. I can either fork over another 7 bucks or wait for the developer to get "in the mood" to send me the registration code I paid for over a month ago. What a gimpy set up.

I noticed a couple of surprising things here. No sticky for BB App world. No forum for BB App world. So I'm starting this thread about how I got burned for several reasons. If my situation is a fluke, this thread will wither or perhaps move on to other discussion about BB App World. If this situation is common, we should be screaming at RIM to fix the thing.
    06-12-09 09:18 PM
    Your issue is with Magmic since they are the developer of the app and they are failing to support their product.

How is it that you find yourself blaming app world?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 03:41 AM
    Your issue is with Magmic since they are the developer of the app and they are failing to support their product.

How is it that you find yourself blaming app world?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Since my money went to App World through Paypal, RIM and Magmic can waste my time pointing the finger at one another. App World should have automatically sent me the activation code and when I complained about receiving it, 5-7 business days was a pathetic "we don't give a crap" response. Fundamentally, you are right. Magmic is the culprit here, but again shouldn't BB App World enforce reasonable customer service standards for any active developer and shouldn't they stand behind my purchase instead of blowing me off? Also, when I go to RIM to try to get support, I get 404 errors. They are so sloppy in implementing BB App world, they actually have broken links in their help system. This whole thing is pathetic, not just Magmic.
    06-13-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD