So i just upgraded to the latest version of BB app world. DLed it, did the required reboot and now it's gone from my bb home tray. It's not in the Downloads tray either. It's still in the application management list and the service book but the "active" button is not highlighted. Is anybody else having this problem? How can I fix it? Just DL BB app world again?
    05-26-11 05:29 PM
    I think almost everyone who downloaded this update is having this problem, on all model BBs. It happened to me yesterday and I came here and found a thread in the app section with people with different model phones discussing it.
    05-26-11 05:43 PM
    I had the same thing happen. Deleted and DL again, works now.
    nickbarra95 likes this.
    05-26-11 05:45 PM
    I just downloaded the upgrade now and my icon is missing as well and have no idea where it went. When someone finds a solution to this problem please put it up so I can get my app world back.
    05-26-11 10:05 PM
    This happened to me too. Didn't have to delete and reinstall though, I just went to blackberry.com/appworld on my BB and just downloaded again and I didn't need to reboot.
    05-26-11 10:32 PM
    Yup, SaMaster is right, I did that yesterday and it fixed the missing icon.
    Here's the link as a link go there from your BB.

BlackBerry App World
    05-27-11 12:49 AM
    Same problem except even after numerous battery pulls, I still cannot get app world back. Whenever I download it from my bb, it downloads all the way but freezes until I do another battery pull. Any suggestions? Thankss.
    05-27-11 01:50 AM
    Same problem except even after numerous battery pulls, I still cannot get app world back. Whenever I download it from my bb, it downloads all the way but freezes until I do another battery pull. Any suggestions? Thankss.
    Have you tried downloading through app world (or can you not even get to app world)?
    Oh, and I had a problem with a different app, I just had to wait a long time before the app fully loaded, but I just waited it out before doing a battery pull (cause that messes everything up).
    05-27-11 02:39 AM
    I suggest download BB App World v 2.1.2.19. the only changelog in this version is a fix in the disappearing app world icon issue.
    05-27-11 02:48 AM
    I had this issue and fixed it by going to blackberry.com/appworld/download in the phones browser. It will ask you if you want to overwrite same version. Just say yet and it wont require a reboot. Seems like some files were missing when DL was done from appworld. Strange but easy fix. Works fine for me now.
    05-27-11 02:59 AM
    I went to app world using my phone browser and downloaded it from there, it took about 3 seconds and no reboot required!
    05-27-11 09:54 AM
    Same thing here. I had to dl from BlackBerry website say ok to over write and then do a battery pull. Appworld the reappeared on my home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 07:50 PM
    Uninstall app world then reboot the download it again (blackberry.com/appworld) on you're BB's browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 08:31 PM
    thanks for the help. I just noticed this problem on mine.
    05-30-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD