Hey I just recently came across BB Alerts and I love having the ability to have a different LED color for SMS, Email, PIN, etc. However, it seems that unlike the normal LED notifier you get out of the box with a Blackberry, this one turns off as soon as you press any buttons. I would like it to stay on until the message is read so it keeps reminding me, is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 10:04 AM
    Hey I just recently came across BB Alerts and I love having the ability to have a different LED color for SMS, Email, PIN, etc. However, it seems that unlike the normal LED notifier you get out of the box with a Blackberry, this one turns off as soon as you press any buttons. I would like it to stay on until the message is read so it keeps reminding me, is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dan

Not that im aware of.
    I really like that led turns off after home screen power up key touch , It saves you form having to check message if you really busy thus battery last longer...Especially when voicemail has arrived,,Heck I wont check my voice mails for hours after received...that nonstop led till message check would drive me up a wall lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-15-08 at 10:30 AM.
    11-15-08 10:27 AM
    Alright, maybe I just have to get used to it but I may decide not to keep it because of this...we'll see. Thanks.

11-15-08 10:32 AM
    Well it assumes if you press a button, you are aware of the message.. makes sense..
    11-15-08 10:42 AM
    Led blink non stop Example.

Turn BBA off and leave yourself a voicemail then go into Blackberry Options , Screen/Keyboard and turn on "Led Coverage Indicator"
    you now have led blink nonstop.
    Turn on device , look at your home screen and notice that pretty Voicemail icon with that pretty LED blink.
    You don't want to check voicemail and want to get some sleep.
    Keep your BB out of your room because you wont get much sleep because you got LED lighthouse keeping you awake.at least until you check voicemail lol
    Get my point.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-15-08 at 10:59 AM.
    11-15-08 10:46 AM
    Led blink non stop Example.

Turn BBA off and leave yourself a voicemail then go into Blackberry Options , Screen/Keyboard and turn on "Led Coverage Indicator"
    you now have led blink nonstop.
    Turn on device , look at your home screen and notice that pretty Voicemail icon with that pretty LED blink.
    You don't want to check voicemail and want to get some sleep.
    Keep your BB out of your room because you wont get much sleep because you got LED lighthouse keeping you awake.at least until you check voicemail lol
    Get my point.
    Yeah I get your point haha but if I'm doing other things on my BB, like reading RSS or browing the web and I get an SMS or especially email (which I turned off any audible or vibration notifications for) I like to be continuously notified until I look at the message, without the vibration.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I'll forget about the message without this notification.

11-15-08 11:05 AM
    Yeah I get your point haha but if I'm doing other things on my BB, like reading RSS or browing the web and I get an SMS or especially email (which I turned off any audible or vibration notifications for) I like to be continuously notified until I look at the message, without the vibration.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I'll forget about the message without this notification.

Not weird at all..I can see your point..I'm just lazy about checking messages at times and non stop led till I open would drive me crazy lol
    I sure Mel-The developer of BBA felt the same way or he would of built it non stop blink until message open.
    I built a app Called "Treo Alerts" for WM with non-stop blink for all messages till opened and it bugged so many users my Development team decided that none stop wasn't worth so we made changes needed for auto dismiss.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-15-08 at 11:22 AM.
    11-15-08 11:09 AM
    Not weird at all..I can see your point..I'm just lazy about checking messages at times and non stop led till I open would drive me crazy lol
    I sure Mel-The developer of BBA felt the same way or he would of built it non stop blink.
    Haha alright good. I shot the author of the program an email asking about it. We'll see what happens, I'll post their response back here if and when I get one.

I hope they can help me out, maybe a modified version for a little extra money, who knows right?

11-15-08 11:14 AM
    Haha alright good. I shot the author of the program an email asking about it. We'll see what happens, I'll post their response back here if and when I get one.

I hope they can help me out, maybe a modified version for a little extra money, who knows right?

Right on , He might take care of you on that..have patients though.It takes him awhile to return emails sometimes.
    11-15-08 11:21 AM
    Right on , He might take care of you on that..have patients though.It takes him awhile to return emails sometimes.
    Nice. Good to know, thanks =]

11-15-08 03:12 PM
    I agree. I like the default BB LED with remaining blinking when BBA doesn't. But it is bright at night yet I usually keep my phone out in class so I just wait for that LED to go off for a text lol.
    11-15-08 04:13 PM
    Post a link to this app I'm interested

11-15-08 05:28 PM
    Post a link to this app I'm interested

I am as well, anyone have any info on this?
    11-15-08 05:35 PM
    I am as well, anyone have any info on this?
    Blackberry Alerts?
    Sure,

http://bbymelsoftware.con/bbalerts/

If you go there, there are links for OTA trials and also links to where you can purchase from Handango.

11-15-08 05:42 PM
    Does the standard LED alert on the phone, it only blinks for 15 mins though, well I know the red BBM one does, so either way, they both stop..one in time, and the other with a key touch.
    11-15-08 06:05 PM
    To the64cent:
    I know is an old thread ...but did you ever hear from the program developer? I have the same issue and I need the led to blink til I check the message or at least as long as possible.

01-30-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD