i used to run bb alert on my 83xx curve and have since upgraded to an 8900...
    i did not use really use the bb alert application for its intended purpose (the alert notification screen),my main reasoning for buying the program was for customizing the led colors, mainly the coverage indicator, because i hated the green l.e.d...anyway now that i have the 8900 the first thing i want to do is modify the coverage indicator..my question is will berrybuzz allow me to change the color of the coverage indicator ? if so i will buy that app instead of bb alert because i can do with out the notification screen
    06-09-09 02:39 PM
    I just uninstalled my Trail, and i don't remember if it did or not, but BerryBuzz has a free week to try before you buy.
    06-09-09 02:44 PM
    short and simple... no
    06-09-09 02:45 PM
    short and simple... no
    thanks, thats what i needed...bb alerts it is
    06-09-09 03:00 PM
    thanks, thats what i needed...bb alerts it is
    Word of caution:

BB Alerts works good for the Curve, but was hardly compatible for the Bold. Someone in the Bold forum had so much trouble with it that she e-mailed the developer and the developer admitted to her that the program wasn't that compatible with the Bold. I'd do research and make sure that thing works good for an 8900 too.
    06-09-09 03:09 PM
    thanks for that tid bit...forgive my display of noobness but is the 8900 also refered to as the 'bold'? i shall avoid bb alert if so
    06-09-09 03:17 PM
    thanks for that tid bit...forgive my display of noobness but is the 8900 also refered to as the 'bold'? i shall avoid bb alert if so
    No, no. Not referred to as the Bold. The Bold is the 9000. But I think it's valid to have the same concern for the 8900 after so many complaints about this app for the Bold. I'd make sure.
    06-09-09 03:18 PM
    I've got berrybuzz running on my bold no problems. I have heard a few complaints but nothing that is totally not fixable
    06-09-09 03:20 PM
    I've got berrybuzz running on my bold no problems. I have heard a few complaints but nothing that is totally not fixable
    Yeah BerryBuzz works great. I have that too on my Bold. But BB Alerts is the bad app. Costs more money for nothing in my opinion.
    06-09-09 03:21 PM
    I can't really say too much about it as I've never had it but I did think about it while looking at berrybuzz, but I guess I made the right choice.
    06-09-09 03:24 PM
    I've been running BBAlerts for a couple of years without any problems whatsoever. I've had my 8900 since January and BBAlerts was one of the first programs I installed. Works great.

I tried BerryBuzz and deleted it in a day. Can't even compare to BBAlerts.
    06-09-09 03:37 PM
    I tried BBAlerts and deleted it in a day. Can't even compare to BerryBuzz.
    06-09-09 03:39 PM
    seems like mixed reviews at best so i will opt for bbalerts on the grounds that:
    -ive had it before and had no problems
    -the coverage indicator light is customizable only with bb alert
    -atleast two people with 8900's on this thread said they have it and have no problems

/thread
    06-09-09 03:45 PM
    i have used both on my 8900, BB alerts is good but has issues with reseting the LED after you open said notification.... i dont have that issue at all with BerryBuzz
    06-09-09 08:11 PM
    hey sixthman,

glad you upgraded to an 8900!

anyway, i have berry buzz on my phone. didn't really like it bc some of the led colors i set didn't work. lmk how you like bb alerts.
    06-09-09 08:42 PM
    hey sixthman,

glad you upgraded to an 8900!

anyway, i have berry buzz on my phone. didn't really like it bc some of the led colors i set didn't work. lmk how you like bb alerts.

I had the trial, but for some reason it wouldn't work for bbm PIN messages. Every other led changed worked, but bmm's would show up in red no matter what colour I picked. Anyone else have this issue?
    06-10-09 02:45 PM
    I had the trial, but for some reason it wouldn't work for bbm PIN messages. Every other led changed worked, but bmm's would show up in red no matter what colour I picked. Anyone else have this issue?
    That's been a known issue with BBAlerts since the release. BBYMel (the developer) explained it to me once, but I forget what was behind it. I just set my PINs to red and change all the other alert colors.
    06-10-09 02:49 PM
    There is no option on BerryBuzz to change the LED for BBM messages yet, only for Pin-to-Pin messages, which sucks because I'd rather have my bbm led change instead of pin messages. Other than that, I love BerryBuzz and it works fine on my 8900!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD