I have for some time been attempting to install google maps, i recieved the link and downloaded the app, but i am taken to the terms and conditions screen to accept, however thats as far as i can get, all i get is ''Terms and conditions.... Loading. Please wait....'' then data connection lost, retrying in the top of the screen.

Any help much appreciated to get to install the maps. Thanks.
    09-22-09 04:58 PM
    are you in a hit and miss data area.....if so wait till your in an area with stronger signal
    09-22-09 05:21 PM
    Thanks will wait for another day, its the same for google apps site also
    09-22-09 05:24 PM
    Check to make sure you are using internet browser and not hotspot browser. OTA install only works with the internet browser setting.
    09-22-09 08:22 PM
    I have the 8320 also, and know exactly what you're talking about. It's because the 8320 doesn't have GPS capability.
    09-22-09 11:25 PM
    09-22-09 11:28 PM
    My 8520 doesn't have built in GPS but Google Maps works like magic. I also had it installed on my old 8320 with no problems. Just check on your connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:27 AM
    I have the 8320 also, and know exactly what you're talking about. It's because the 8320 doesn't have GPS capability.
    GM doesn't need GPS.
    09-23-09 10:52 AM
    My previous BB was an 8320 on Orange and downloaded Google Maps without a problem. Check in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications that it isnt already listed. If it is, uninstall that first.

Failing that, backup the device and Wipe....does it now install? If so, do an Advanced Restore of just the data you need back.

Failing that....firmware update time and then try again?
    09-23-09 11:39 AM
    My wife and I got my mother in law a BB 8320 a few months ago. We are with Verizon. I enabled the GPS by going to "OPTIONS" - "ADVANCED OPTIONS" - "GPS" and set gps to "LOCATION ON" instead of E911 only. Her 8320 is running the 4.6.1.234 OS also. After I enabled the GPS, I went to BB maps, clicked the menu button and updated location. I got a "connecting to satellites" message and the symbol too (which will be the true tell tale sign that GPS is enabled) and it picked up my location with ease. Haven't tried Google maps yet, but I am quite sure there is a way around it especially running the OS I mentioned.
    There was an article that I read where Verizon (with the new firmware update) had enabled GPS on the Pearl. Some think it was a mistake but others think it was because of the other BB owners griping that some BB's are unlocked and others aren't. Will post again once I try Google maps out on her 8320. Wish me luck!
    10-17-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD