Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sultan Al Sooz
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery Tempature apps?

I always read here in the posts about phones heating up or batteries heating up. Are there any good apps that actually show the tempature of your phone/battery? I know that Advanced OS is supposed to to do that but when I had it on my phone I could never get it to work and when it did, it was in C and not F (yes, not sure of the spelling-lol), so if anyone knows of one, please post it and your reviews of it, here so we can get it. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Yeah. I am also looking for one that displays Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.
    I want Imperial not Metric.

I really liked BeInfo and purchased it. It has a lot of options similar to MeterBerry, but I have not found a way to make it display Fahrenheit.
    Buy BeInfo - Download BeInfo - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I also downloaded TinyMeter due to a recommendation from a friend. Not so customizable. Still no Fahrenheit.
    http://yohan.es/files/tinymeter/tiny_meter.jad
    I also found the battery meter to not display well, and goes wonky when using themes.

If someone can explain to me how to make it display Imperial data, I would appreciate it. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Other that that, I am searching myself.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post

I really liked BeInfo and purchased it. It has a lot of options similar to MeterBerry, but I have not found a way to make it display Fahrenheit.

I also downloaded TinyMeter due to a recommendation from a friend. Not so customizable. Still no Fahrenheit.
    I also found the battery meter to not display well, and goes wonky when using themes.

If someone can explain to me how to make it display Imperial data, I would appreciate it. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Thanks for the reply! Maybe someone on here will pop up with the answer. What's funny is that after all of the years and all the hacking around/upgrading, etc. I still have no idea what is considered "hot" and what isn't--or what tempature is ideal for the phones/batteries. Oh-thanks for spelling Fahrenheit for us-LOL
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Battery Tempature apps

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    I always read here in the posts about phones heating up or batteries heating up. Are there any good apps that actually show the tempature of your phone/battery? I know that Advanced OS is supposed to to do that but when I had it on my phone I could never get it to work and when it did, it was in C and not F (yes, not sure of the spelling-lol), so if anyone knows of one, please post it and your reviews of it, here so we can get it. Thanks!
    Hey go1ndr,

You can set Advanced OS to display temp in Fahrenheit or Celsius:

1) Go to Application Integration in AOS
    2) Set Enable Battery Monitor to YES
    3) On the same screen you will a button to choose whether F or C

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 - 10.3.0.1154 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Genius

Thanks for the reply! Maybe someone on here will pop up with the answer. What's funny is that after all of the years and all the hacking around/upgrading, etc. I still have no idea what is considered "hot" and what isn't--or what tempature is ideal for the phones/batteries. Oh-thanks for spelling Fahrenheit for us-LOL
    You know something, you're right! I have no idea what it actually should be running at or what is optimal. LoL.
    I have been running at about 85 degrees (after conversion from Celsius) on my 9900 with moderate use.
    If I am downloading a bunch of Podcasts or something, it goes to about 95 degrees.

On my old 9780 I've seen temps as low as 50 degrees outside in the winter and 113 degrees outside in the summer using MeterBerry.
    But, my MeterBerry license only works with my 9780.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by MADBRADNYC View Post

In TinyMeter if you go into the app hit the BlackBerry menu button then go to options and then just uncheck the "show temp in celcius" box it will change it for you.
    Thanked by:
    MADBRADNYC (11-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jordan559 View Post
    In TinyMeter if you go into the app hit the BlackBerry menu button then go to options and then just uncheck the "show temp in celcius" box it will change it for you.
    Sooooo "Captain Obvious" of me...
    I have no idea how that was missed, since I went through those options at set up.
    Thanks a lot! Appreciated!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

meterberry also shows temps as fahrenheit for those who care to know
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Addict

How can you miss the settings of C and F in Advance OS and LED "Battery and Usage Monitor" feature !?

Battery Tempature apps?-g4f5q1.jpg

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Tempature apps?-s12_11_29__13_03_32.jpg  
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Al Sooz View Post
    How can you miss the settings of C and F in Advance OS and LED "Battery and Usage Monitor" feature !?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g4f5q1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	126731

Hope this helps.
    Hi Sultan--I see it now-LOL! Sometimes I'm just blind! Duh!
    Question: Why can I never get ADV-OS to show the memory drain % or battery drain rate or average discharge rate? I am only using the free addition, so if I need to have the paid addition, to see these %/rates, please let me know. And what is considered "hot" for a 9810 under normal use? Just so you know, I really like your product, just don't use a lot of the stuff on it as I have other apps that do the same things and even if I delete them, sometimes the cods that apply to one of them stays around and doesn't play nice with the cods in your app. I actually wish I could dump the other apps and just use one and maybe the next time I wipe the phone for an upgrade I will but for now, I'll settle for a good battery monitor. Thanks for the info to everyone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Henry View Post
    Hey go1ndr,

You can set Advanced OS to display temp in Fahrenheit or Celsius:

1) Go to Application Integration in AOS
    2) Set Enable Battery Monitor to YES
    3) On the same screen you will a button to choose whether F or C

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Don_Henry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Battery Tempature apps?

Hi go1ndr,

It is natural to get lost with so many features and functions when using my app, I always recommend that users spend 1 week or more exploring my app before deciding to install other apps with similar functionality found in my app's features

Just set "include advanced stats" to "yes" to show addtional measures.

As for the best battery temp, it should be below 30c, avg is 20-24c depending on the background running apps, hope this helps

the battery temp will rise when your cpu or memory rise, thus killing battery faster, and the only way to keep your phone running for 1 to 2 full days if you have less apps running IN THE BACKGROUND, thats why advance os and led was born, you wont know what im talking about until you delete all apps on your phone and just keep AOSLED, maybe you should just test this for 2 days, and then install everything back if you are not satisfied with your battery results

Important note: whatsapp can be a battery terminator, advice is to test without this app for sure.
    If you like my app hit the Like button in Advance OS and LED Facebook Page to download (OTA), stay updated with FB News Feeds, or simply follow Twitter tweets
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (11-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Thanks for the info Sultan! Much appreciated! Maybe I'll uninstall the duplicate action apps over the weekend when I have some time to play with it and see how it goes. I agree that What'sApp is a battery hog but its ok if you make sure and constantly close it after using it. I only have it because of some friends on iPhones outside the US who I stay in touch with--since its basically free texting. Otherwise, there would be no need for it. The other duplication apps I currenty use are PopUp (Vixso); ScreenShot (Priti Kumari); DeReset (phone re-setter by OdEve)and A+ WiFi Alert for BB by Phone Funda. The rest of my apps are like BB apps are not duplicates so there would be no conflicting problems there. Thanks for the info and I'll post when I do it and how much I love your app!
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Battery Tempature apps?

I agree that What'sApp is a battery hog but its ok if you make sure and constantly close it after using it.
    You cant close whatsapp, it will still run in the background even if it does not show in your open apps window (holding menu button), just like my app ( however I do provide a menu to shutdown my app completely )

You must delete whatsapp, no other way, give it 2 days ( rest period ) then install whatsapp again, you will be shocked, track battery differences using my app.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Hi Sultan! Ok, I dumped WhatsApp; DeRestart (a very good restart app); and PopUp(another good app by Vixso). Then I went to ADVOS and enabled the same programs through your app. I have a couple of questions but will only ask one now to save some time. Is there any way to put the "restart" icon on the home screen; and is there anyway to set the convenience key (which I never use) to activate the restart. I currently set it to ADV OS which brings up the menu, but I still have to do a second step to restart it. Lastly, honestly, the battery drain seems to be about the same but as you suggest, I will give it a couple of days to set in. Thanks in advance for your constant help to everyone on here. Go1ndr.
    CrackBerry Addict

Hi Sultan! Ok, I dumped WhatsApp; DeRestart (a very good restart app); and PopUp(another good app by Vixso). Then I went to ADVOS and enabled the same programs through your app. I have a couple of questions but will only ask one now to save some time. Is there any way to put the "restart" icon on the home screen; and is there anyway to set the convenience key (which I never use) to activate the restart. I currently set it to ADV OS which brings up the menu, but I still have to do a second step to restart it. Lastly, honestly, the battery drain seems to be about the same but as you suggest, I will give it a couple of days to set in. Thanks in advance for your constant help to everyone on here. Go1ndr.
    please say you have enabled "iLaunch" feature, the most powerful feature in AOSLED (in terms of phone control) , and read the help info in the "Device Restart" to do phone restarts with the convenient key
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Thanks again. Still working on trying to figure out what does what. I did have the ILaunch enabled but it seemed like too much work when I can just click the convience key to get the ADVOS menu and touch the icon to restart. I just thought it would be nice to have it work from the convience key in case the screen freezes up, you could click on the manual key to restart. Patience, I am still learning how it all works.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks again. Still working on trying to figure out what does what. I did have the ILaunch enabled but it seemed like too much work when I can just click the convience key to get the ADVOS menu and touch the icon to restart. I just thought it would be nice to have it work from the convience key in case the screen freezes up, you could click on the manual key to restart. Patience, I am still learning how it all works.
    i wouldnt say iLaunch is powerful unless i meant it

using iLaunch you can restart your phone by:

1 - Just pressing the Convenience key 1 time and menu key 3 times,

OR

2- Pressing Convenience key 3 times only, by setting iLaunch "instant key action" to "custom actions" then adding an ilaunch custom action with the following:

- Select app ="Home Screen"
    - Add action= 1-"Convenience Key", 2- "Open Menu", 3-"Open Menu", 4-"Open Menu"
    - Order (Priority)= 1
    - Save

it cant get any easier than this, here is a link to my website for more iLaunch: Advance OS and LED Official Help / FAQs
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Thanks Sultan! Still learning all this app can do-truly amazing! One question-is there anyway to set the popup so that when I'm driving and the screen is locked, it still shows the popup without having to switch between the screen locked message and unlock screen message and the multitude of steps it takes to view the actual popup? Its very distracting when driving. My old popup notifier would display the message without unlocking the screen and I'm sure yours does too, I just can't figure out how. Thanks for the great app!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks Sultan! Still learning all this app can do-truly amazing! One question-is there anyway to set the popup so that when I'm driving and the screen is locked, it still shows the popup without having to switch between the screen locked message and unlock screen message and the multitude of steps it takes to view the actual popup? Its very distracting when driving. My old popup notifier would display the message without unlocking the screen and I'm sure yours does too, I just can't figure out how. Thanks for the great app!!!
    Sure

just go to the popup feature in my app, and 3rd row "popup action buttons" set it to one of the "no lock", thats all.

s
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Thanks! I'm going to PM you with another question rather than take up this thread. Thanks again.Also, I just downloaded the paid version and now (please read PM) in the battey meter it only shows the remaining % or tempature but not memory leak or other options. What am I doing wrong this time-LOL
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks! I'm going to PM you with another question rather than take up this thread. Thanks again.Also, I just downloaded the paid version and now (please read PM) in the battey meter it only shows the remaining % or tempature but not memory leak or other options. What am I doing wrong this time-LOL
    I replied to your PM.

you need to enable "Battery and Usage Monitor" feature with "Show advanced stats" set to "yes" to get the memory leak on the "Battery Notifications" working.

Note: please make sure you have version 15.8 installed.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Ok, Here is an update on what I've discovered with Sultan's help over the last 24 hrs.
    * Battery life was not good with ADV-OS due to conflicting applications
    * Deleted Free ADV-OS and purchased paid ADV-OS Pro but did not install it at the time of purchase
    * I deleted every app that had a similar function or action, i.e. I had a popup app> deleted it and turned on same app in ADVOS once I reinstalled it
    * Did some battery pulls and let phone charge completely (about 2-hrs)
    * Went through AppWorld and Application Manager and deleted or uninstalled apps I didn't use or that I had installed in the last 2 months
    * Battery Pull!
    * Installed new Adv-OS Pro and let it settle in for about an hour.
    * turned on the following functions:
    Popup Alert
    Battery Restart
    Battery Savings mode
    Battery notification
    Screen Shot
    Battery Usage Monitor
    iLaunch (so other functions can run)

Charged the phone all night and unplugged today, and everything is running smoothly. Battery discharge rate has maintained between 1.8% and 3% with a short period of heavy use when it increased to 5%. Memory loss was steady at 3%. Tempature was between 71F and 81F. It has now been running for 8+ hours and still has 86% (but I did have it hooked up to a computer for about a 1/2 hour so that would account for some increased charging-still it's maintained a steady average of 3% drain rate per the battery monitor since taking off charger. I had a one hour period where there was a lot of use that it actually got as high as 8% for that period but the average remained 3%. I averaged about 6 emails, 3 calls and a lot of use with options, and web during this period. That said, this is my take on what is happening. I offer this summary as I hope it will help someone else. I know that it can occur--as it did one other time for me and it took a hybrid builder to tell me why it was happening.

Many of these apps that developers build have the same or similar codes in them. Sometimes when there are two apps with the same of similar codes, even if you delete one of them, there can be a sort of "loop" if you will or conflict, where they both try to work and that causes a constant loop and battery drain/memory dump. I'm not sure if I explained this correctly or not, but basically the cod files from the two apps don't play well together. So in that case, you need to delete everything that is similar or has similar functions within the apps (like Adv_OS does for example with another popup app), and then reinstall the one you want on your device.

It happened the first time to me with the CB Forum app that was out about 6 months ago. I downloaded it and my battery started draining like 10% an hour. I couldn't figure out what was causing it and certainly didn't think that it could be the Crackberry app. But, thanks to someone on here explaining to me how different apps effect other apps, I started thinking what it could be. At the time, the last app I had installed was Crackberry so I deleted it--did a battery pull and watched it for a couple of hours. Sure enough it went back to normal. I didn't believe it, so I reinstalled CB and again it started draining like crazy. So once again, I dumped the app and it went back to normal.

Some of the worst abusers are the so-called Battery Icons or boosters or monitors. They seem to drain your battery while watching it drain-lol! If you think about it, any app that runs in the background is a battery and memory hog--like BeWeather, What'sApp, any GPS app, etc., so turn on ARM in your options and do not check the Automatic close box when you set it up. It will tell you what is running and what is using your battery and memory. If anything changes, I'll keep you posted. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry Addict

Some of the worst abusers are the so-called Battery Icons or boosters or monitors. They seem to drain your battery while watching it drain-lol! If you think about it, any app that runs in the background is a battery and memory hog--like BeWeather, What'sApp, any GPS app, etc., so turn on ARM in your options and do not check the Automatic close box when you set it up. It will tell you what is running and what is using your battery and memory.
    True, however if an app does not keep any screens open, it will use very small amount of memory, thus wont trigger ARM.

lets take my app as an example, my app wont trigger ARM if you make sure that you exit my app's settings screen (main software screen and sub screens) correctly, however if you were setting something in my app and then you get a phone call (which pushes my app screen to the background), and forget to open my app again and close it properly (by pressing escape key until my app setting screens disappears ), then ARM will be triggered.

hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-04-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Good Info Sultan! Thanks for the amazing help with this app! Once again, your support and customer service is second to none! Congratulations on a great app and the great service you provide! Love the app now that I understand how to use it--LOL!