I've had a problem with my charger port. I have to rig it by wrapping the cord around the bb and weighing it down so i get a little plug to appear next to my battery remaining bar.

This morning it was totally off and here's what happens:

1) I plug in the charger and only a red light comes on (screen is dark).
    2) I hold down the red power button and eventually the battery with bolt comes on, the red light turns off
    3) after a little while, the battery goes away (bank to dark screen)
    4) the red light goes back on for about 20 seconds until...
    5) an hourglass shows up and start slowly spinning
    6) after a few spins it starts to also flash as it spins,flashing getting more and more
    7) then the screen goes dark again and red light goes back on
    8) repeat from step 2 (except the battery just comes back with bolt)

This has happened live 6 times so far

Is there any hope for a charge that will get it on?

Thanks for any insight
    08-02-09 03:25 PM
    Have you done a battery pull? The hourglass spinning is generally the boot screen as the phone boots up. If the screen keeps going blank it kind of sounds like the OS is corrupt. If you can get the phone to turn on try reloading the OS software. It is definitely a perplexing question. Let me know how it goes. And if all fails u may try a new battery. It seems weird u have to wrap the cable around. Phone under warranty still?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 03:34 PM
    Thanks for your response.

i undid my rigging after the last hourglass phase, and pulled the battery. After I put it back i got an hourglass,and then FINALLY the sprint splash screen, and then into my desktop (not sure what you call that). But immediately got a message that said "battery failed shutting down". So I rerigged it and I'm back to battery with bolt. No idea how long to let it cycle between bolt and hourglass before trying to pull again. I haven't ever had battery issues, it's the charger port that just started acting up.
    08-02-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD