I downloaded BeWeather recently and since I did my battery life has just gone downhill.

Any recommendations on which settings to use in the app to maximize battery life?

Thanks!
    01-13-11 03:11 PM
    I have used BeWeather on two different models, 9000 and 9800 without a real problem. My phone updates every 2 hours except for wee hours overnight. No other special settings are in place. Battery life on both phones was not affected enough to matter.

If you still have trouble try removing the app, check battery life, and reinstall the app. Sometimes that makes a difference.

Even before removing the app if you have not tried a battery pull do so now. Repeat after reinstalling if you have to remove the app.

Good luck.
    01-13-11 04:41 PM
    try setting updates for every hour or two. should help out. and if there is a certain time in the day that you dont want to know the weather use the setting to stop updates during that time frame.
    01-13-11 05:01 PM
    I turn automatic updates off i just do it manually
    01-13-11 05:14 PM
    I have mine set to GPS location with updates every 15 minutes, alerts are pushed. Only time BW impacts my battery is when it can't get a lock on GPS and keeps trying to update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD