Does anyone know of an app to keep score while I'm at a baseball game? I know there are several apps where you can get Major League scores live, but I want one where I actually keep track of everything myself.
    03-16-09 10:24 AM
    That's a cool idea!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 10:56 AM
    I don't get it...if your at a baseball game are you not able to track it yourself simply by looking at that big thing they call a ....SCOREBOARD?

03-16-09 11:05 AM
    I don't get it...if your at a baseball game are you not able to track it yourself simply by looking at that big thing they call a ....SCOREBOARD?

Did you just enter this thread to crap in it ?

There's more to a baseball game than the score. Keeping score of a game, the old fashioned way, is a lost art.

I second it, it would be a great application. Using the point and click interface of the Storm would be brilliant.
    03-16-09 11:35 AM
    Sorry if I seemed negative...I was confused to the request...but now I'm even more confused when you tell me scoring of a baseball game is different now compared to the way they used to do it? So the request would be to create an app that allows you to enter in on your Storm that Jimmy just scored a run? Then what do you do with the info?

03-16-09 11:43 AM
    i agree keeping score at a ballgame is a lost art, and a fun way to take in the game...

at the same time, would it be the same not doing it with pencil and a scoring sheet?!?! digitally entering it all into my phone wouldnt do it for me, thats just me though....
    03-16-09 12:06 PM
    i agree keeping score at a ballgame is a lost art, and a fun way to take in the game...

at the same time, would it be the same not doing it with pencil and a scoring sheet?!?! digitally entering it all into my phone wouldnt do it for me, thats just me though....
    i totally agree with you. although it might be easier to do it digitally on your phone or comp, the art and fun of it is lost.
    03-16-09 06:11 PM
    Does anyone know of an app to keep score while I'm at a baseball game? I know there are several apps where you can get Major League scores live, but I want one where I actually keep track of everything myself.
    So, what are you looking to do with this app? Keep track with the game you are attending or other games?
    03-16-09 06:17 PM
    Since no one seems to want to explain it to those that are confused.

Back in the day, moreso than today, when you went to a live baseball game, you would regularly see many fans with a scorecard keeping score of the game. And by score it's not just runs, it's outs, plays, etc...

If you have ever seen the movie Field of Dreams, when Kevin Kostner and James Earl Jones go to the Boston Red Sox game they are keeping score while they are there.

Here's an example of the scoresheet one would use: http://www.baseballscorecard.com/dow...corecard-v.pdf

You usually get one when you purchase a program for the game.

The request here is to have a digital copy of this scoresheet with all the options to track the game.
    03-16-09 07:04 PM
    a scorebook would be a great idea. I personally never do it but I know plenty of people that do. I would probably start if I had it on my phone instead of buying the book.
    03-16-09 07:49 PM
    03-17-09 08:00 AM
    Plus there are those of us that have kids in little league/pony baseball that have to keep stats for all stars/travel teams etc.....

that would be a nice app to have.
    03-17-09 10:56 AM
    I would definitely use this. I'm player/coach for a men's softball team and I could use something like this to track my players and my lineup.
    03-17-09 11:25 AM
    I would like an app to track baseball stats from my sons team. I think the storm is a great platform for such an app. I wish I knew how to write code for this phone there are so many cool things that can be done with it.

Abigfish
    03-17-09 11:33 AM
    I also would enjoy this, I coach a middle school team and I am the only coach so I always have to get a parent to keep the book but would rather do it myself.
    03-17-09 12:42 PM
    I hate to admit it but, when it comes to cool applications like this you have to look to the more creative crowd of the iphone...

appshopper. com/sports/baseball-scorecard

I agree though it would be cool to have something like this on the blackberry.
    03-18-09 12:13 AM
    I wonder if this could be created...and you could save game by game "excel'ish" files to the media card to export onto a computer at a later time...For little league coaches/fathers/etc, this would be incredible..
    03-18-09 12:30 AM

There are a lot of people who keep scores of every game be it live or on TV. Many parents take their kids and keep track of the game in order to put to scorecard in a scrap book as a little keep sake of father-son bonding time, etc.

A digital version would be kinda cool...even though keeping score really isn't my thing and i don't have kids
    03-18-09 12:42 AM
    It definately is a part of the game that has vanished for the most part..You see the older folks do it sometimes..but most of the stands are filled with a younger, drunker crowd that could care less about keeping score, they have a gigantic screen out in left/right field to do that for them....I can still remeber being a young lad, keeping score with my uncle at the Phils game..
    03-18-09 12:46 AM
    Brilliant! Its a great idea. I coach little league and would def use this. I could also see my kid using it when we go to major league games. Being able to export the files later (or even better keep stats on the phone would be really cool) would be nice. It would be awesome if I could tell right on my phone which kid has hit lefties best! Again, awesome idea!
    03-18-09 04:21 AM
    I've gotta admit... going to a ball game, buying the program and a half-sharpened pencil with the team logo and keeping score the old fashioned way is one of the best things ever. I think that an application like this would be cool for little league (or HS, etc.) coaches to keep track of things. Theoretically, you could export the data and create all sorts of stats sheets for the kids. When I was in HS, we had a basketball coach who did something like this when Excel was new. We thought that was the coolest thing...
    03-18-09 09:52 AM
    I hate to admit it but, when it comes to cool applications like this you have to look to the more creative crowd of the iphone...

appshopper. com/sports/baseball-scorecard

I agree though it would be cool to have something like this on the blackberry.
    Wow this app looks very cool. Since I have a partial season ticket plan and go to a few games, I would love to have this app. Emailing the developer now.
    03-18-09 10:23 AM
    I'd definitely use the app if it was functional
    03-18-09 11:10 AM
    I also e-mailed the developer of that iPhone app.
    03-18-09 11:18 AM
    Here is the response I received:

HI there.
    We have started looking at the Blackberry Storm developer's kit.
    At this stage it's very unpolished and not fully functional - but we're still looking at it.
    We will be porting over a few of the simpler apps over to the Storm over the next few weeks. The Baseball app is out most complex app to date - and frankly the Blackberry Storm developer's kit just can't handle it yet. As soon as we're able to though... it will be getting ported over - there's just no way of putting a date on it.
    03-18-09 01:35 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD