My friend has a G1 from T-mobile and she has this really cool app which lets her take a picture of a barcode and it will tell her where she can find it and the price. I have no idea how to go about making an app. I just thought it sounded like a great idea!
    06-21-09 10:19 PM
    Try searching next time. They don't make an app like that yet but you can use the amazon.com app and get results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:24 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ba...hlight=Scanner

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/st...hlight=Scanner

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/re...hlight=Scanner

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ap...hlight=Scanner

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ba...hlight=Scanner

since ur a newbie, i wont go into hardship on telling u to search so i did it for u

neways, as for ur answer, no i dont believe there is one (at this time)

edit: what kc above said is correct
    06-21-09 10:25 PM
    Well... back onto topic. Idk if its what your looking for but if you poke around in app world there is a barcode app... but its in french... not hard to understand the basic menus but i found it annoying and deleted it... if i come across the name I'll come back and post it.
    06-22-09 12:30 AM
    mobiletag 2d barcode reader
    06-22-09 12:36 AM
    I cleaned and reopened this thread so the OP could see Sha Bby had found the software she had alluded to earlier.
    06-22-09 06:01 AM
    AMazon.com has a blackberry app that lets u take a picture of a product and it will find it the cheapest on its site. not that broad but similar to what u are looking for
    06-22-09 06:54 AM
    Amazon app: Amazon

(open above link via bb)
    06-22-09 09:08 AM
    I found a program called neoreader but I haven't been able to get it to read any bar codes. If anyone has had any luck let me know.

Unable to ID handset

06-22-09 10:13 AM
    I found a program called neoreader but I haven't been able to get it to read any bar codes. If anyone has had any luck let me know.

Unable to ID handset

just tried it, it works great for me...u have to make sure the barcode number is visible, if not, then the app will not kno what the product is, if u take the photo and the app does not recognize it, then select "enter code directly" and just type in the barcode number
    06-22-09 10:27 AM

Unable to ID handset
    Same thing for me... It can read the square codes on their website but not a standard UPC barcode on a jar of peanut butter. Not much help available on their website either.

Did you find that there was no focusing ability in the camera when snapping the pic of the code? I'm wondering if the blurry image is causing the problem, but can't find a way to make the camera focus.
    06-22-09 10:45 AM
    Same thing for me... It can read the square codes on their website but not a standard UPC barcode on a jar of peanut butter. Not much help available on their website either.

Did you find that there was no focusing ability in the camera when snapping the pic of the code? I'm wondering if the blurry image is causing the problem, but can't find a way to make the camera focus.
    All the pics I took were blurry too.

06-22-09 10:47 AM
    All the pics I took were blurry too.

same, but u can type in the barcode number directly, it will find it (most of the time, if not always)

edit:

i.e. i took a picture of my gps box barcode but the pic was blurry and did not find the product, but then i typed in the code directly, it found the product and went onto the browser
    06-22-09 10:49 AM
    same, but u can type in the barcode number directly, it will find it (most of the time, if not always)

edit:

i.e. i took a picture of my gps box barcode but the pic was blurry and did not find the product, but then i typed in the code directly, it found the product and went onto the browser
    Both codes I typed in didn't work, got a message that there was no product for that code. JIF Peanut Butter and Gatorade, pretty common items with standard UPC barcodes.

The Amazon tool does work, although there's a bit of a delay while it searches...
    06-22-09 10:59 AM
    I work at a company that has a Inventory Control System with simple barcodes, is their a program that will read barcodes and enter - OCR?

I.E. Take a picture, and have the numbers go into memopad or other?

Thank you for your help
    06-22-09 11:04 AM
    Same issues. I downloaded neoreader and it only can recognize the big square barcode types found on their examples on the website. It will not recognize any other barcodes I have tried and yes there doesnt seem to be any way to zoom into take the picture so that it isnt all blurry. I think this app is a bust and will be deleted as soon as I am done typing this. Also someone mentioned that you can take a picture of a product and send it to the Amazon app to perform a search for the product? How do you do that? I have the Amazon app and I cant find anywhere to upload a photo....Any help?
    06-22-09 11:09 AM
    same, but u can type in the barcode number directly...
    Ugh... that's soooo much effort. :P lol
    06-22-09 11:32 AM
    yes i kno it is too much effort, haha, but it works tho:

u have to type it EXACTLY as is

ie.

1 12345 12345 0

(including the spaces)

(unless if u can find a big enough barcode (like the site's examples) so it wont blur
    06-22-09 11:35 AM
    Also someone mentioned that you can take a picture of a product and send it to the Amazon app to perform a search for the product? How do you do that? I have the Amazon app and I cant find anywhere to upload a photo....Any help?
    In the Amazon app, go to the "Remembers" part... There are instructions for taking the pic, sending it to Amazon, etc. You'll get a msg back from Amazon once they've identified the item.
    06-22-09 11:53 AM
    OS 5.0 BBM is supposed to include a barcode scanner to make exchanging PINs with other BB users. Could also result in a seperate barcode scanner i guess. No Guarentees thats just my opinion folks.
    06-22-09 11:59 AM
    I work at a company that has a Inventory Control System with simple barcodes, is their a program that will read barcodes and enter - OCR?

I.E. Take a picture, and have the numbers go into memopad or other?

Thank you for your help
    Try searching around for reform XT (also available in app world for free, just search for barcode it will be the 2nd one) let me know if this was what you were looking for.
    06-22-09 12:03 PM
    Sha Bdy - Thank you but this ReForm XT - i believe is a write your own app.

I am looking for a Optical Character Reconigition - input device. I have 15 digit barcode, i would like to take a picture and have the 15 digits go into memopad.

Thats it, simple instead of typing characters into memopad, the program would enter them. So i can "scan" multipule items.
    06-22-09 12:21 PM

I am looking for a Optical Character Reconigition - input device. I have 15 digit barcode, i would like to take a picture and have the 15 digits go into memopad.

Thats it, simple instead of typing characters into memopad, the program would enter them. So i can "scan" multipule items.
    Nothing available that will do that automatically.

All require another step in the process. I use Scanr for business cards (works VG) and the Amazon app for comparative shopping (works great)
    06-22-09 12:41 PM
    Just curious, but how would a scanner program in BBM 5.0 work for exchanging a PIN? You would have to take the battery out of one phone to get to the barcode, or does it display a barcode on the screen to photograph?
    06-22-09 03:53 PM
    06-23-09 01:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD