BB9700 - 5.0.0.862.

BB was purchased outright from Rogers back in March. I've noticed since the summer time that the battery seems to drain way to fast. I've already lost 19% battery life since 900am (currently 11:07). All i did was check FB (once) Twitter (once) and had a few short bbm convo's. That was all done within the first hr or so of waking up.

Is this normal?? I usually need to charge by BB by mid day to last throughout the night. I don't think I'm a heavy user, occasionally check FB, check twitter a few times a day, and BBM, most of the day but I don't think any more then anyone else on this site.

What could be causing such a fast battery drain??

I have the following apps installed:

Absolute Tris
    Battery Ex
    Buzz Me
    Copter
    Forward Reply and Edit
    Hangman
    Hearts
    Minesweeper
    PingChat!
    Pixelated
    QuickPull Free
    Rogers My Account
    ScoreMobile
    Sokoban
    Spades
    Sportsnet Mobile
    Weather Eye
    Whatsapp Messenger
    Zonasnap

BB App World
    BBM 5.0.1.38
    BB Podcast
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Windows Live Messenger

I guess that's a lot of app, but I really use them that much.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    10-17-10 10:16 AM
    How is your coverage? If you are in an area with poor coverage and the phone is constantly searching for a signal when none is to be found or switching between 3G, EDGE, and GSM, the battery will drain quickly.
    10-17-10 10:19 AM
    Have any themes downloaded? I've noticed battery drains much faster on certain themes.
    10-17-10 10:39 AM
    do you need that many messanger programms,windows live,whatsup messanger ....i think if get rid of some of these apps your battery will improve...im a heavy user..and i get 2 -3 days before charge.........
    10-17-10 11:04 AM
    Coverage seems fine, I'm usually on 3G.
    No themes, using stock that came with the BB

WLM is only on at night.
    I use whatsapp and ping with some iphone friends

Anything else it can be?? or should I call Rogers and get a new one.
    10-17-10 12:23 PM
    Are you closing Twitter and Facebook?

or having them run in the background?

WiFi on?
    Bluetooth on?

FaceBook and Twitter can nuke a battery if not closed
    10-17-10 12:28 PM
    Are you using GPS for your WeatherEye updates? Apps that use GPS will drain your battery. You can switch to cell location, rather than GPS, and turn GPS off if you do not need it.
    10-17-10 12:45 PM
    Wifi and Bluetooth off unless I am using them

GPS is set to off, think I turned it on once to test the send location function in BBM.

Twitter and Facebook are set to push updates every hour, that's usually when I check them

I just wiped the BB with BBSAK and reload the OS. Going to start from scratch and load one app per day and see how that goes, if problems con't I'll call Rogers for a replacement.

Also, left the bb on idle for about 2hrs, came back and battery went from 81 to 60%, seems it was getting worse, let's hope the wipe and fresh install helps.

btw, anyone know if Rogers will just swap the BB??
    10-17-10 02:07 PM
    Rogers might swap it, just give them a phone call or walk into a rogers or rogers plus store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 06:25 PM
    I have Pingchat, and I don't last 1 day with it. I think it could be PingChat.
    10-17-10 08:25 PM
    Well I have nothing running on the bb except Buzz Me..... unpluged the bb this am at 615 ..... bbm this am for about 30mins or so on and off and battery is down to 90%, which I think sucks. I check with the person I was talking to and their battery is at 96%.

I'm guess, its a weak battery that doesn't hold it charge.

and sorry, i meant to ask before if anyone knows or thinks Rogers will swap the battery not the actual blackberry.

Thanks
    10-18-10 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD