I installed a bad app that causing the phone to freeze partially. I did battery pull but the app auto starts itself. I can see what apps are running by hold and BB key and I can switch apps in there. My touch screen is not responding and I cannot go into that app to kill it, nor go into App world to de-install it. Is there a way to force killing the app or back it off? If none of the above options are available, what is the least intrusive way to restore my phone? Is there a "save-mode" to boot to where no 3rd party apps are running so I can uninstall it?
    Last edited by ouki; 11-26-11 at 11:26 AM.
    11-26-11 11:24 AM
    Pull the battery, put it back in, and as its booting hold down the back key. This will start the phone without 3rd party apps or extensions and you should be able to remove the offending app.
    11-26-11 11:40 AM
    Pull the battery, put it back in, and as its booting hold down the back key. This will start the phone without 3rd party apps or extensions and you should be able to remove the offending app.
    This is a great tip. Thanks a lot.
    11-26-11 01:05 PM
    This is a great tip. Thanks a lot.
    Last I knew this was not available on OS 7 devices. Also, I nuked my 9930 trying to do it before I found out it's not included with OS 7.
    11-26-11 01:45 PM
    Last I knew this was not available on OS 7 devices. Also, I nuked my 9930 trying to do it before I found out it's not included with OS 7.

Safe mode reboot works fine on my Os 7 device.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk 1.4.5.1
    11-26-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD