Live Search Mobile - Finally went BETA for Blackberry, had it previously on my Treo 700wx. you add your city/cities to the city list, then type in name of a place or movie or street. You can search weather for any US city, search local listings & browse movies for almost any theatre (it even has my local theater that is literally only 1 theater large - no multiple locations).

Anyway... If your like me & hate going to yellowpages.com then searching, then waiting -- CHECK THIS PROGRAM OUT!!

Keep on rockin' the Crackberry!!
    02-26-09 03:47 PM
    Does this use aGPS?

Because I'm on Verizon and.... well don't get me started.
    02-26-09 04:08 PM
    I thought Windows Live Search has been out in Beta for the BlackBerry for a while? It is a great service. My only concern is that it is not voice operable like the Windows Mobile version. TellMe is voice activated and based on Live Search. Maybe there has been an update though, I'll check it out, thanks.
    02-26-09 04:09 PM
    Does this use aGPS?

Because I'm on Verizon and.... well don't get me started.
    Nope.... buddy had Moto Q9c with GPS and didn't it did not.. downloaded it to my wifes 8330 a bit ago and its cool.

It will give directions line by line and show on map.....
    02-26-09 04:33 PM
    I can do all that with google and maps. We don'
    need no stinkin' betas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 04:36 PM
    I can do all that with google and maps. We don'
    need no stinkin' betas.

reason why its on the wifes phone and not mine....

used it with all Q's i had was the best app for windows mobile... i'm stickin with bb maps and Vz nav<<< yeas i'm stickin with Vz nav..
    02-26-09 04:41 PM
    Google Maps is an excellent tool. But when doing a search on the web, I guess something right in the applications menu would be pretty convenient, but typing the search into Google's built-in search bar in Browser kinda eliminates the need for a search tool in applications.
    02-26-09 04:46 PM
    I don't so much use it for navigating gps, etc. I use it for the phonebook option and the fact that you can call directly from the search results. Makes it easy to lookup local stores & movies, etc.
    02-26-09 04:51 PM
    reason why its on the wifes phone and not mine....

used it with all Q's i had was the best app for windows mobile... i'm stickin with bb maps and Vz nav<<< yeas i'm stickin with Vz nav..
    But ya know I had to have some fun with it. Lol(:{)

02-26-09 05:00 PM
    I don't so much use it for navigating gps, etc. I use it for the phonebook option and the fact that you can call directly from the search results. Makes it easy to lookup local stores & movies, etc.
    That's one of the best parts of GMM. Do a local search and everything pops up, scroll to red marker and the info pops up, dial from there. The more I usee the more I likee.

02-26-09 05:05 PM
    Its been out a while. GPS works fine for me with it as well. It runs faster than GM for me at least, not to mention a little lighter in the memory dept.

02-26-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD