is there a command that will close all open apps or is there a program or setting that will do it automatically so that the battery does not drain so fast?
    05-13-09 09:00 PM
    No. You must close each one manually when you are finished using it. Menu button > Close.
    05-13-09 09:01 PM
    Or menu exit....

If the app doesn't say "close"

Just preempting the question / statement "Such and such app doesn't say close is exit the same thing?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:07 PM
    Or menu exit....

If the app doesn't say "close"

Just preempting the question / statement "Such and such app doesn't say close is exit the same thing?"

Thank you.
    05-13-09 09:09 PM
    Or batt pull will close everything

05-13-09 09:11 PM
    thanks for the quick reply. maybe such an app is needed.
    05-13-09 09:11 PM
    Or batt pull will close everything

Wow! Ha ha ha ha! "I don't feel like taking the two seconds to close my apps when I'm done using them, so now I'm just going to pull my battery and wait 5 minutes while the Storm boots back up!" Ha ha ha ha!

(I'm teasing-- not making fun of you... I just found that mental picture extremely funny! )
    05-13-09 09:14 PM
    thanks for the quick reply. maybe such an app is needed.
    And really... it only takes an extra second to press that BB button and click on Close/Exit... do yourself a favor, and just get in the habit of doing it.
    05-13-09 09:14 PM
    i hear what you are saying. But why not have a close option when switching apps or auto close when you switch apps.
    05-13-09 09:25 PM
    or auto close when you switch apps.
    then whats the point of multitasking?? go buy an Iphone...
    05-13-09 09:36 PM
    then whats the point of multitasking?? go buy an Iphone...
    TechnoRocker is right... this is one of the beauties of owning a BB and being able to multi-task. If a program auto-closed when you switched to another, there are A LOT of things you wouldn't be able to do with your phone.
    05-13-09 09:38 PM
    i am new to blackberry. i don't really know the advantages of having several apps open at once. the only thing that i can see is that too many apps open equals a slow phone and a dead battery. Why not make the phone more powerful and with a bigger battery.
    05-13-09 09:51 PM
    i constantly switch from contacts to browser and if i had to have the browser or opera restart every time i would throw up in my mouth a lot.

BB did it right. i would like a quick close all button though. as i pray to the Gods and Goddesses of Blackberry and sip my Guiness.
    05-13-09 09:55 PM
    A keyboard shortcut would be a good way to close all apps, I think it would anyway. Haha

05-13-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD