Hey ya'll.

So, I've searched and searched and can't seem to find an answer, so I've finally registered with this site so I can ask you directly!

I have created many ringtones with Audacity, and they're super fun and cute, and almost all of them are between 20-35 seconds. I have a media card, and I've loaded them into the ringtones file. When I put the card in my BB, the ringtones show up and play all the way through in the player.

Here's where the problem starts!: When I set a ringtone to either my default or to a specific person, most of the ringtones will only play the first 3-4 seconds after the initial vibration when someone calls, then STOP, and repeat it self after a pause! What the heck is going on!? I am sooo confused and very disappointed. Please tell me there's an answer somewhere!!!
    09-14-08 02:53 AM
    the files are probably too large. they must be under 512kb.
    09-14-08 06:04 AM
    What are u talking about? I mostly use a whole song as my ringtone, which can be 3MB sometimes. I just link them to my specific contact directly from my "music" folder on my memory card. I've never had any problems with a file being too large for a ringtone.

CC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD