Hey, does anyone know of any good astronomy apps?
    12-28-08 06:36 PM
    Nope. But I'd be interested if u find any good luck!! Sorry....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 06:44 PM
    MicroSky is awesome, I'd recommend that over anything else.. there's also a Starry Night mobile app, it's about the same thing but it's a memory hog IMO

MicroSky

SPACE.com -- Applets, Widgets and Gadgets!
    12-29-08 12:10 AM
    also, this is pretty neat, a program that shows the moon's phases at a specific time:
    moonphase - Google Code

just found it so I don't know if it works properly, I'll post more on it later

edit: it works, pretty basic but it does the job.
    Last edited by ninja please; 12-29-08 at 12:29 AM.
    12-29-08 12:21 AM
    If you just want a simple north/south/east/west stars and constellations view, try Starry Night for Blackberry. It's free, it doesn't require you to register, and it'll read your GPS for location (or you can enter your zip).

Edit: This program won't recognize the W, S, or N hotkeys on the Pearl or Flip because they're multi-taps.
    Last edited by hubermania; 12-29-08 at 05:47 PM. Reason: hotkeys
    12-29-08 05:42 PM
    Starry Night works very poorly on my Storm. I am working on a mobile site of astronomical utilities for the WWU Planetarium. I would post the url but apparently I am too new to the forum and it won't let me.
    12-31-08 08:54 PM
    Starry Night works very poorly on my Storm. I am working on a mobile site of astronomical utilities for the WWU Planetarium. I would post the url but apparently I am too new to the forum and it won't let me.
    that sounds really cool, I'd love to see that.
    01-01-09 01:34 AM
    MicroSky is awesome, I'd recommend that over anything else.. there's also a Starry Night mobile app, it's about the same thing but it's a memory hog IMO

MicroSky

That one from space.com is pretty tight!
    01-01-09 12:14 PM
    Apparently it doesn't work on a storm.
    01-03-09 08:24 PM
    The Starry Night app loads up on the Storm but is kind of klugy. The keyboard shortcuts don't work so I can't move about the sky. The keyboard takes up most of the screen and it can't be hidden.
    01-03-09 08:27 PM
    A couple more posts and I'll be allowed to add the url to my mobile astronomy site.
    01-03-09 08:28 PM
    I now have a nice launcher for my mobile astronomy site. URL coming soon.
    01-06-09 07:41 PM
    01-06-09 07:41 PM
    I finally had the opportunity to load the MicroSky and give it a test run. As a result, my gf is finally impressed w/ my BB. The app works flawlessly w/ my Curve. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 02:11 PM
    Not sure if MicroSky is supposed to work with the Storm 2, but I'm having problems with it even letting me input my password into it in order to logon to the microsky site from my BB.

The Starry Night app for BB no longer exists.

Anyone have any other good ones?
    Last edited by ronzorelli; 12-14-09 at 01:43 PM.
    12-14-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD