that sounds perfect Vijik . You missed me with the beta link though.
    I thought I sent every one either a PM or an email. I was wrong then.
    I sent you a PM a minute ago.
    09-10-11 06:27 PM
    hey vijik i bought a license for mediakeybooster and would like to test the app if it is possible
    Ok. I sent you a PM with beta link.
    09-10-11 06:27 PM
    So right, using the MKB 1.3 beta on 9900/7.0.0.353.
    I checked it using ProdTrapper's module name (podtrapper) and TuneIn Radio Pro's module name (TuneInPro) and both worked perfectly.

But then I tried BBM Music's modules, I entered each one, one at a time with no luck. I tried entering all 19 of them at the same time but couldn't because of a "field full" error. BUT .. Then I just entered "BBM Music" in the "Media Apps Module Names" section and it seems to work. I also tested with TuneIn Radio Pro. So it seems it doesn't actually require module names, the name of the app it's self is good enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 08:36 PM
    So right, using the MKB 1.3 beta on 9900/7.0.0.353.
    I checked it using ProdTrapper's module name (podtrapper) and TuneIn Radio Pro's module name (TuneInPro) and both worked perfectly.

But then I tried BBM Music's modules, I entered each one, one at a time with no luck. I tried entering all 19 of them at the same time but couldn't because of a "field full" error. BUT .. Then I just entered "BBM Music" in the "Media Apps Module Names" section and it seems to work. I also tested with TuneIn Radio Pro. So it seems it doesn't actually require module names, the name of the app it's self is good enough.

Good findings!

So a list like the one below would cover most of the popular media apps?

net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer;podtrapper;TuneInPro ;BBM Music;TuneIn Radio Pro;
    09-10-11 10:24 PM
    hey vijik i bought a license for mediakeybooster and would like to test the app if it is possible
    After you bought it, did you get an option to download it OTA, or only through a PC?

The reason I am asking is that, it looks like that Mobihand has, one more time, screwed up the settings in my developer account (at least for ShortcutMe).
    09-10-11 11:24 PM
    After you bought it, did you get an option to download it OTA, or only through a PC?

The reason I am asking is that, it looks like that Mobihand has, one more time, screwed up the settings in my developer account (at least for ShortcutMe).
    No I got a link to download it through ota and I also got an email from fonware.

Btw I didn't get any pm from u

09-11-11 12:00 AM
    Good findings!

So a list like the one below would cover most of the popular media apps?

net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer;podtrapper;TuneInPro ;BBM Music;TuneIn Radio Pro;
    net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer;podtrapper;TuneInPro ;BBM Music;TuneIn;

because there's also a free version of TuneIn. There's also a YouTube app, but off hand I'm not sure the details since i dont have it installed.

EDIT
    Switch that to
    net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer;podtrapper;TuneInPro ;BBM Music;TuneIn;slacker_radio;
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-11-11 at 03:19 AM.
    09-11-11 01:58 AM
    I'd be happy to test the new beta as well (i have a paid license code). Anyone have luck getting it see Slacker as a media app? It looks like some are having problems, hopefully Slacker works (i.e. is ignored)
    09-11-11 06:26 AM
    Here are some other media players on my device if it helps:

Moodagent: module= Moodagent
    FlyCast 2.0: module1= FlyCast20 module2= FlyCastPlugin
    09-11-11 06:31 AM
    Just purchased. I'd like to try the beta
    I can't seem to set up shortcut to bbm, all other apps work

On 9900 / 7.0.0.353
    Bbm ver: 6.0.1.15

EDIT: got bbm working with alternative launching *
    Last edited by barrist; 09-11-11 at 11:29 AM.
    09-11-11 11:15 AM
    No I got a link to download it through ota and I also got an email from fonware.

Btw I didn't get any pm from u
    Thanks.

Send email to mkb at fonware dot ca to get the beta link.

Anyone else who wants to beta test, send email to the email above.

09-11-11 12:01 PM
    Thank you for making the media app list more and more complete.

I will try to add a button that will list all the apps running in the background. That way you can get the real name of the media apps.

09-11-11 12:04 PM
    Well according to the Engineering Screen, (escreen -> JVM Engineering Screen -> Processes) I see net_rim_bb_bbcm_app and net_rim_bb_bbcm_phoenix both running when I open BBM Music, both as listed as BBM Modules in Options -> Device -> Application Management. But entering them into the MKB media apps list doesn't work... I mention because I don't know what method you'll use to get background process info, and just in case it's the same list as the JVM Engineering Screen process list.

09-11-11 01:40 PM
    have to say im loving the multi-click shortcuts. have 2 per button its great (volume up 1x = messages 2x = speednotes, volume down 1x= bbm 2x = browser, play 1x = camera 2x = video camera)

i noticed i can have a shortcut for my top lock button and it does work, but it also locks and unlocks at the same time. can the program disable the locking mechanism?
    09-11-11 01:54 PM
    Well according to the Engineering Screen, (escreen -> JVM Engineering Screen -> Processes) I see net_rim_bb_bbcm_app and net_rim_bb_bbcm_phoenix both running when I open BBM Music, both as listed as BBM Modules in Options -> Device -> Application Management. But entering them into the MKB media apps list doesn't work... I mention because I don't know what method you'll use to get background process info, and just in case it's the same list as the JVM Engineering Screen process list.

I plan to use exactly the same method that I use for detecting madia apps for enable/disable feature. So, I think it should work.
    I am not sure that the names are the same as engineering screen.
    I will get back to you on this.

09-12-11 07:13 AM
    have to say im loving the multi-click shortcuts. have 2 per button its great (volume up 1x = messages 2x = speednotes, volume down 1x= bbm 2x = browser, play 1x = camera 2x = video camera)

i noticed i can have a shortcut for my top lock button and it does work, but it also locks and unlocks at the same time. can the program disable the locking mechanism?
    1x Volume Down and 1x Volume UP might trigger accidentally when you take the device out of holster/pocket.
    I have personally disabled (AppName=Disable) 1x shortcuts and use 2x, 3x, and 4x shortcuts for the volume keys.

The app can't disable the BB OS behaviour after the Mute/Lock key is clicked.
    For that reason it is recommended to use 2x and 4x clicks of that key for your shortcuts (device gets locked and unlocked when that key is clicked 2x and 4x times) .
    2x Mute Key Clicks is specially suited for stopping macros in ShortcutMe.

09-12-11 07:20 AM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.1.0 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

This new version has an extra button in the Config page called "Show Background Apps".
    It will show you and allow you to pick an app that is running in the background. When you click on an app, it will add it to the Media App List on the Config page.

On my BB, it shows "Slacker Radio" for Slacker.

So from now on if you are listening to a music using a new app, and MediaKeyBooster comes up when you are using the Media Keys for the music, you can just use that button to add the new app to the Media Apps list.
    joesworld likes this.
    09-13-11 05:35 AM
    The new beta works perfectly for me

I was able to successfully have Slacker Radio and BBM Music added to the list on my BB, and it let me control the volume normally.

Great work Vijik... This new functionality really sets your app apart from the rest!
    09-13-11 10:05 AM
    worked for tunein radio (using the new option of selecting apps running in the background)

nice!

one thing i do notice generally though is that it loads apps from the media keys a tiny bit slower than from clicking on their icons. its only a few split seconds but its noticeable. is this normal (ie it has to trigger mediakeybooster first and then open the app)?
    Last edited by barrist; 09-13-11 at 11:22 AM.
    09-13-11 10:39 AM
    worked for tunein radio (using the new option of selecting apps running in the background)

nice!

one thing i do notice generally though is that it loads apps from the media keys a tiny bit slower than from clicking on their icons. its only a few split seconds but its noticeable. is this normal (ie it has to trigger mediakeybooster first and then open the app)?
    I would assume it's slower because it's delaying to see if you hit the key again. Even if you're hitting it four times, it's still gotta wait to see if you hit it a fifth with the intention of opening the config page, or it has to give you time to continue hitting it till you reach 10 to open the config page.

09-13-11 11:28 AM
    MediaKeyBooster 1.3.1.0 is on the beta link ready to be downloaded.

This new version has an extra button in the Config page called "Show Background Apps".
    It will show you and allow you to pick an app that is running in the background. When you click on an app, it will add it to the Media App List on the Config page.

On my BB, it shows "Slacker Radio" for Slacker.

So from now on if you are listening to a music using a new app, and MediaKeyBooster comes up when you are using the Media Keys for the music, you can just use that button to add the new app to the Media Apps list.
    Using MKB 1.3.1.0 on 9900/7.0.0.353. Dude that "Show Background Apps" is brilliantly done, very easy for anyone to figure out. Even the most basic user should be able to figure it out. Works perfect also, tested with BBM Music, PodTrapper, TuneIn Radio Pro and the native player.

Also, I love the way you blacked out the background, really makes the config page "pop" not something I'd like in the macro editor of SCM, but it really looks nice in MKB

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-13-11 at 11:37 AM.
    09-13-11 11:32 AM
    I would assume it's slower because it's delaying to see if you hit the key again. Even if you're hitting it four times, it's still gotta wait to see if you hit it a fifth with the intention of opening the config page, or it has to give you time to continue hitting it till you reach 10 to open the config page.
    Good and correct guess.

09-13-11 12:54 PM
    Good to know that the new feature is working and you guys like it.

Any suggestion for a better name for that button (instead of "Show Background Apps")?
    It not only shows the apps, but it also allows you to pick an app.

09-13-11 01:02 PM
    "Select Media App" or "select app for MKB disable list"

The second one might be a little long, dunno if it's too long. Also I'd mention that "app MUST be running to appear in the list"

09-13-11 02:02 PM
    App Blacklist, considering you can disable it for any app i guess?, otherwise, Media Blacklist.
    09-13-11 04:33 PM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD