Any preferences between the two? I tried SplashMoney and was sadly disappointed with how slow it runs! When it takes me more than 30 seconds to go enter a transaction it isn't appealing. I use it so faithfully, I literally can be in Wal-Mart at the register and as they are printing my receipt or I am walking out of the store I'll enter in the transaction, so I want something that runs turbo fast! I used to have one that did, but it did not have the option to sync with my desktop at all.

Would you choose Ascendo or Splash?
    11-10-08 06:46 PM
    I use SplashMoney and haven't had any problems with it running slowly. I use it all of the time. The only complaint I have with it is that the UI is a little elementary and I can't really customize it the way I'd like to.

I'm not familiar with Ascendo, but I like SplashMoney because I can download cleared transactions from my bank and put them in my register right from my BB.
    11-11-08 02:46 PM
    I had Ascendo first; it was OK, but I had problems with the PC interface.

Now I have Splashmoney, and love it! it works a lot better, IMHO.
    11-11-08 04:04 PM
    I installed both apps to compare. After 1 hour of playing with both I'd have to say Ascendo is getting my vote. It looks nice synced with my BB with no issues.

Splashmoney looks striped down and won't sync. Keeps saying it can't find my bb while referencing it by my pin number. Google search showed developers not interested fixing issues bb users were having.

Since both have 30 day trials I'll be trying out Ascendo and if it meets my needs I get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 04:22 PM
    Before purchasing I gave Splashmoney first shot... I had read a few reviews and Crackberry had announced "Splashmoney" was finally availible for the Blackberry... I had already run through all the "Free" money manager apps and found myself feeling like I knew why they were free...

I used it for about 5 days, and just did not like the feel... It was slow and just felt like it was somehow not designed to work with my Blackberry... (I have a Curve btw.) I deleted it and was very put off by the "Pay" apps since Splashmoney was receiving such great reviews...

Ascendo Money...
    I figured I'd give Ascendo Money a shot, but I have to admit I was in a bad mindset at this point... I started to rethink my choice of going with a Blackberry, as my Pocket PC did what I wanted, and it was effortless to find well working apps for it...

Upon loading Asendo Money, I immediately noticed the feel of it agreed with me... I set up a test to ensure everything would work as it should... (I did this with every app I tried to see how it will work real world for me...) Everything seemed to work as it should, including scheduled withdrawals and the PC Sync... I spent some time setting up my Accounts, Scheduled Withdrawals, Payees, Payment Methods, etc., and found that to be very straight forward... I says it will also sync with my bank account, but one of the reasons I use money management software is I like to manually check what is happening on my end and the bank's end independently... (Because I do this, I had actually caught a gas station over-charging me when I was using my debit card for purchasing gas...)

Now here's the clincher...
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ASCENDO MONEY IS TOP NOTCH!
    I had changed handsets and updated my OS at the same time... The next time I tried to sync with my PC I discovered I had lost the ablility to sync Ascendo Money on my Berry to Ascendo Money on my PC (Which usually works extremely well Btw)... After trying everything, I wrote to Ascendo Money's support explaining my situation... Later that day, they responded, not only recommending an upgrade, but also multiple methods of backing up my information as to insure nothing was lost... It worked great...

A couple days later I realized the date for some of my transactions were dating the next day... I checked everywhere thinking there was a setting I missed or somehow the software wasn't in sync with the date on my Blackberry... I couldn't find anything, so again I wrote to Ascendo Money's support... This time I knew I wouldn't be hearing from them for a few days at best since it was late on a Friday Night... (10:47pm is what my records show)... To my surprise, 19 MINUTES LATER ON A FRIDAY NIGHT (11:06pm), a response hits my Berry! They addressed the issue with an updated release correcting the date issue! I was left speechless...

Something needs to be said for outstanding customer service... I feel Ascendo Money takes their support very seriously... That paired with a well written app is definitely a winner for me... I have no problem paying for something that does what it advertises... I wish I had chosen to give the pay apps a shot earlier... I have been using Ascendo Money for the better part of a year now, and I have to say I know it was the perfect choice for me... At the very least, give it a try, but be prepared to purchase once you load it on your Berry...

I have no affiliation with Ascendo Money, but since my experience this past Friday, I felt I needed to share my experince with my fellow Crackberry Members...
    11-23-08 08:34 AM

Now here's the clincher...
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ASCENDO MONEY IS TOP NOTCH!
    I had changed handsets and updated my OS at the same time... The next time I tried to sync with my PC I discovered I had lost the ablility to sync Ascendo Money on my Berry to Ascendo Money on my PC (Which usually works extremely well Btw)... After trying everything, I wrote to Ascendo Money's support explaining my situation... Later that day, they responded, not only recommending an upgrade, but also multiple methods of backing up my information as to insure nothing was lost... It worked great...
    I agree 100% with Risingsun124. I have used Ascendo Money for a number of years and it works brilliantly for what I want it to do (track my own 'petty cash' spending plus pocket money accounts for each of my kids). Not only that, but Ascendo are really responsive if you ever have a problem (e.g. the first time I tried out the desktop version of Money I had a syncing issue and the support was right there - timely and relevant). However, I would go further than Risingsun124. Not only do Ascendo look after their customers well - they also listen to them. I have emailed them suggestions as to how they can improve Money and been pleasantly surprised to see later versions incorporating my suggestions. Case in point was an earlier version which 'autocompleted' text when entering a transaction. This was quite annoying if the text you wanted was different to what Money thought should go in there and to get rid of the autotext you had to backspace. I highlighted this to Ascendo and literally the following week they came out with an update that fixed the issue. I can't say I've used SplashMoney but if I ever find the time to try it out, I know that if I find it has some feature Money hasn't got, a quick email to Ascendo stands a good chance of evening up the feature comparison.
    11-27-08 04:11 AM
    Ascendo Money is the way to go for me. The customer service was exceptional... One site made me pay for an upgrade that I should not have had to pay for, so I e-mailed Ascendo Money customer service and they immediately refunded my $10 with NO hastle at all. I absolutely love this application, and after five months of using it, I am still discovering new things to do with it
    03-26-09 06:10 PM
    ..... I literally can be in Wal-Mart at the register and as they are printing my receipt or I am walking out of the store I'll enter in the transaction, so I want something that runs turbo fast! I used to have one that did, but it did not have the option to sync with my desktop at all.
    hI chelssdawn,

WHICH program did you use which was so fast but did not have sync feature?
    what you are describing is my dream goal. to be able to track transactions EASILY in real time.
    10-23-09 01:02 PM
    hI chelssdawn,

WHICH program did you use which was so fast but did not have sync feature?
    what you are describing is my dream goal. to be able to track transactions EASILY in real time.
    This is how I use Ascendo Money. The more you use it, the faster it gets because it keeps the information and uses it as a template for the next transation for that particular Payee. So if you're like me, over the course of we'll say a month, you will probably visit your regular spots. So during that time, each transaction will need you to enter a value for each field. This takes less than 30 seconds, but is consideribly slower than after it's set up. After it's done, the next time you use that Payee, everything is set. Now when I go lets say, put gas, I use "add transaction" I then type "G" and "Gas Station" pops up. I hit "enter" and all the fields are already filled in. I put in the amount, and I'm done. It takes no longer than 10 seconds, and that includes entering my password and exiting out. The same goes for any of the other places I make transactions. The key to this working is the speed and convenience of the app. It's never a hassle and I always have enough time to use it. So there's excuses or reasons why I'm not always up to date.

I cannot imagine living without Ascendo Money on my Blackberry. By far my most used app. If I sound like a am an Ascendo Money fan, I am. Full on, 100%. For no other reason than they put out a fantastic product and the support is incredible as well. In fact, it's the main reason I have not left the Blackberry and tired the iPhone.
    10-24-09 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD