We recently launched Version 3 of Ascendo Money, our Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry and desktop PCs. Ascendo Money can help you manage accounts such as checking, savings, investments, etc. more effectively. Ascendo Money provides numerous tools to track your spending habits and achieve your financial goals.

We have added many new features including;
    • Budget management and analysis.
    • Forecasting account balances to avoid overdrafts.
    • Auto-Complete to select payees in as few as two clicks and Auto-Fill to enter default field values based on payee.
    • Reports, Bar Graphs and Pie Charts.
    • Bank Reconciliation, Transaction Splitting, Transaction Filters & more.

We have improved many features from previous versions including;
    • Advanced account management with net worth(see below).
    • Customizable transaction registers with running and ending balances(see below).
    • Extended transaction data type to include category, type, status, payment method and user defined field such as check number.
    • Improved user interface including Roll & Scroll(TM) navigation and updated graphics.
    • Enhanced support for international currency and date formats.

For a complete product description or to download Ascendo Money with free trial period, please see our product description page: ascendo-inc.com/Money.html For support and other inquiries, please visit our web site: ascendo-inc.com

Best,
    Marc Bolh
    Ascendo Inc.

08-28-08 09:17 AM
    Thank you for the updated news Marc. I do have one question regarding the capabilities of Ascendo Money, or lack thereof, that perhaps other members or you can answer. This program will not directly sync with MS Money or Quick books. Is this something that is in the pipeline and can it be done? I would really love to see this feature integrated into the Ascendo application and eliminate the need for the desktop companion component.
    08-28-08 09:47 AM
    I have a question, I have ascendo money version 2.57. You have listed on your website the option to upgrade for a fee.
    I have my registration key but I dont recall who i purchased it from and I don't feel like paying for the full amount of for this update, how can you help me?
    Thanks.
    08-28-08 10:12 AM
    Thank you Ascendo, for not getting a resolution to my problem for the third time, I guess at either stuck at having a previous version or buying the new one for full price.
    09-03-08 04:18 PM
    Hi jc,

I just saw your post and sent you a PM.

For issues like these or for technical support, please contact us directly, see Contact Us page on our web site: ascendo-inc.com

Thanks,
    Marc
    Ascendo
    11-14-08 09:47 AM
    See below for a list of things that we added or improved in Version 3.1 of Ascendo Money.

• Added option to increment and enter check numbers automatically when creating transactions in a checking account.
    • Implemented Pie Charts on BlackBerry for all reports (see below).
    • Enhanced Account Balances to display total of all cleared transactions in addition to total of all transactions.
    • Added Deposit versus Withdrawal report on BlackBerry.
    • Implemented Purge feature to remove transactions by date or status (cleared, uncleared, reconciled) and update account balance.
    • Enhanced payee auto-complete feature on BlackBerry to support capitalization and added ability to disable.
    • Added Duplicate Transaction feature.
    • Added currency selector to determine which accounts are included in the "Total of All Accounts" at the button of the accounts screen.
    • Implemented Import from OFX (Open Financial Exchange) format to exchange information with Intuit Quicken, Microsoft Money and other 3rd party applications.
    • Added dialogue box to confirm if user wants to populate transaction form with default values for category, type, status and payment method based on payee.
    • Improved synchronizing data between BlackBerry and desktop by adding conflict resolutions options for BlackBerry wins, Desktop wins or Manual confirmation.
    • Added search field to currency selector.
    • Fixed "SQL logic error" issue for users upgrading from previous versions.
    • Fixed several synchronization issues.
    • Eliminated "USB port" error message.
    • Added several options including Payee Defaults (Enable/Disable), Check Number Counter (Enable/Disable), Password Masking, Warning Alerts (Show/Don't Show) and Register layout settings.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.

11-14-08 09:51 AM
    I'm trying out version 3.2.0 of Money desktop and cannot figure out how to import data. I have the icons across the top of my window but do not have the "File > Tools > etc." bar as shown in various screen shots. Should this bar be visible? I've tried everything I can think of to find either this bar or an import feature with no success. I think this program would work well for me but really can't try it out until I can get my data into it.

Using: BB Storm > Win2000
    02-12-09 09:00 PM
    I bought the Ascendo Money program and love it, there is just one problem, I cannot synch to my desktop. What gives? I say "allow" to comm connection to pc from handheld and desktop version say I need to turn on A. Money first then hit synch. I've done that and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know anything about this isue?
    02-14-09 01:09 PM
    Let me save everyone some time. Asccendo is (near) useless!
    03-02-09 12:49 PM
    i beg to differ, i love it
    03-02-09 08:19 PM
    I would love to use this program. I have a lot of accounts and having one source for keeping data would be great. I just need an application that stores the data on SD card. I run out of resources trying to use Ascendo products on my 8830.
    03-03-09 06:09 AM
    Flair, I would contact Ascendo's customer service... They are extremely prompt with their responses and will work with you to resolve any issues you have... I speak from experience...

I must add this is one of my most used apps... If you take the time to set it up correctly, it definitely delivers as promised... At first I had a little bit of a hard time remembering to enter all my transactions, but after I got used to it, I feel strange spending and not logging it with Ascendo Money... Like with ANY money tracking program, it's only as effective as the users input... Accurate logging results in accurate reports...
    03-05-09 04:34 AM
    Let me save everyone some time. Asccendo is (near) useless!
    Hello
    I'm curious as to why you say it is useless??

I'm searching for an all inclusive finance tracker. My search has only just begun so if anyone has a favorite plz share. Links on where to get the apps, price, etc would be very helpful & much appreciated.
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 02:13 PM
    If one were to find Ascendo useless, then either he or she has money management down to a mental science, or he or she does not know the first thing about balancing finances. Since I am the average user, I appreciate a little assistance when it comes to my money management. Ascendo Money has more capabilities than I know what to do with. It is quite the intricate application that would adequately suit anyone from the average checkbook balancer to the head of business operations manager. I bought this application ($30) about five months ago and use it several times everyday (whenever I make a purchase). It has relieved so much stress and confusion from my day to day spending that I can pay attention to more important and joyful things during business ventures and personal outings.
    03-26-09 05:36 PM
    I would love this app...if it only had direct sync with Microsoft Money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD