Did anyone manage to sync Ascendo Data Vault with their Torch?

Initially, I thought DM 6 was the issue. So, I rolled back to DM 5. But Ascendo Data Vault cannot sync with DM 5 or 6. I suspect the issue is with OS 6.0.
    08-13-10 11:59 PM
    I too can't sync this program. Where in OS 6 is the sync third party apps option??
    08-14-10 10:06 AM
    I found a solution to this problem. I installed DM 5 and DM 6 in my desktop. Then when you run DM 6, you will see the option to sync Data Vault in the Add-In.
    08-14-10 10:50 AM
    Sad, but I already had DM5 and upgraded to DM6 so I lost the sync option when upgrading.
    08-14-10 11:00 AM
    I had DM5 installed, then upgraded to DM6. I was like, cool, it works. Then uninstalled DM5 since I figured I didn't need it anymore. My option to sync Add-ins disappeared when I uninstalled DM5. Very frustrating. I wrote to Ascendo and they replied that they are investigating a solution. I suppose we'll see.
    08-14-10 11:51 AM
    You need to have DM5 and DM6 installed at the same time in your computer for it to work. When I uninstalled DM5, the Add in sync feature in DM6 was gone. I re-installed DM5 and the Add in sync feature appeared again in DM6.
    08-14-10 12:31 PM
    Does this mean I'm gonna need to uninstall 6.0 and reinstall 5.0 then reinstall 6.0 and hope it doesn't remove it???
    08-14-10 05:13 PM
    Does this mean I'm gonna need to uninstall 6.0 and reinstall 5.0 then reinstall 6.0 and hope it doesn't remove it???
    If you have DM 6 installed, just install DM 5 again. Then you will have both in your computer. You dont need to use DM 5 at all. Then, when you open DM 6, you should see the Add In. This worked for me.
    08-14-10 05:45 PM
    Ok well installed DM5 and the add in option showed up . Tried to sync but I got an intellisync error so I repaired DM6 .
    I'm able to sync fine now but data vault is not updating. Any other ideas???
    08-14-10 10:34 PM
    Did you try a battery pull and computer re-start?
    08-15-10 12:03 AM
    I was unable to sync data vault when I upgraded to DM6 as well. I asked @blackberryhelp if the add-in function was gone for good and they said yes. There will be no ability to sync via add-in in DM6. Initially this was a big issue for me but then I read on the Ascendo help page that you can sync data vault wirelessly over a wi-fi connection. It works really well; I have DM6 installed and sync data vault over my wi-fi - best of both worlds.
    08-15-10 04:02 AM
    I'm sure (and I hope) that Ascendo will soon release an update for Data-vault for OS6 and DM6.

Data-Vault is a "mission critical" application for me and even though there's a work around, Syncing with this app has simply got to work for me.
    08-15-10 05:49 AM
    Did you try a battery pull and computer re-start?
    Well of course that is a prerequisite anytime you add/remove software. Battery pull, well that is also a must just because..
    08-15-10 09:57 AM
    I was unable to sync data vault when I upgraded to DM6 as well. I asked @blackberryhelp if the add-in function was gone for good and they said yes. There will be no ability to sync via add-in in DM6. Initially this was a big issue for me but then I read on the Ascendo help page that you can sync data vault wirelessly over a wi-fi connection. It works really well; I have DM6 installed and sync data vault over my wi-fi - best of both worlds.
    Well I'll be da*** that actually worked. Of course not before upgrading both the desktop version and the blackberry versions to 4.6.1 and going through all the reboots and putting the IP address in but yes, it works...wahoo life is good. It still would/will be nice when Ascendo comes up with an easier way. For now this will have to do.
    08-15-10 10:40 AM
    Well I'll be da*** that actually worked. Of course not before upgrading both the desktop version and the blackberry versions to 4.6.1 and going through all the reboots and putting the IP address in but yes, it works...wahoo life is good. It still would/will be nice when Ascendo comes up with an easier way. For now this will have to do.
    wireless and wifi is for the iPh0ne version only! Please correct me if I am mistaken!

i do see the adin in dm6 but it is not syncing / updating and it cannot be configured as the link is greyed out.

until ascendo brings an update, i set up a second user on my pc with dm5 and sync via that user.
    08-23-10 01:42 AM
    I found a solution to this problem. I installed DM 5 and DM 6 in my desktop. Then when you run DM 6, you will see the option to sync Data Vault in the Add-In.
    Brilliant! DataVault sync is working for me too with both DM 5&6 installed. Thanks.
    08-23-10 05:28 AM
    I have also had success using the OTA sync. I used the BES sync and all is good.
    08-23-10 08:38 PM
    wireless and wifi is for the iPh0ne version only! Please correct me if I am mistaken!

i do see the adin in dm6 but it is not syncing / updating and it cannot be configured as the link is greyed out.

until ascendo brings an update, i set up a second user on my pc with dm5 and sync via that user.
    You are mistaken - I know it is labelled as iPhone on the menu but if you read the DataVault help pages it says that it works with the Blackberry too. I tried it and it worked fine for me; running on a 9700 and desktop software 6.
    08-24-10 11:39 AM
    You are mistaken - I know it is labelled as iPhone on the menu but if you read the DataVault help pages it says that it works with the Blackberry too. I tried it and it worked fine for me; running on a 9700 and desktop software 6.
    Thanks, i need to RTFM

Version 4.7.1 is released with apparent suuport for DM6, downloading at this moment
    08-28-10 01:33 AM
    ascendo datavault 4.7.1 is not working for me.

when starting the program, there shows an error box up "Failed to terminate Datavault automation server" and it is not syncing with the DM 6.00.30.

Anyboody with the same issue?!
    08-28-10 02:42 AM
    I have had Ascendo Data Vault on three different Blackberry models. curve, storm and Bold. this is a sweet program. easy to use. Easy to sync with your PC. With all the passwords, user names, account numbers, phone number for those accounts, etc. etc. I was overwhelmed trying to keep track of them all. AND I AM RETIRED!!!! can't imagine if i was still kickin it every day. This program is WELL WORTH THE PRICE. Being able to password protect both the handset version and the desktop version is GREAT!! The support is WORLD CLASS. You have a question or problem. you write an email and you get an answer FAST!!!! Forget talking with someone in India and hopefully they understand what you say or better yet hopefully you can understand them. These people know their product and give you help you can use. If you want a quality product at a FAIR price, buy this one. you won't regret it.
    08-30-10 05:11 PM
    I had some problems also, cause some times the explanation inst correctly said enough, open vault on pc go to file menu / wireless sync look at the ip that comes up.
    then have you vault open on your berry as well, hit the berry button and scroll to advance, (the info says wireless is there but its the advance option) click sync over air and put the same ip as the one on your desktop vault gives you with the port 8008 then click connection settings and choose wifi make sure your phone is connected via wifi, so it can read via the ports or else you will get a error, hit connect and it will sync. note when it is finish it will tell you on your bb not desktop, and to verify check the areas that you have added new in your vault thats it, you should be all set now.
    Now you will need a wifi connection for this to work i will not suggest you do this on unsecured connections just to be on the safe side especially if you store your banking information in your vault like i do.
    Last edited by 3G.BoldBerry; 09-04-10 at 01:12 PM.
    09-04-10 01:08 PM
    ascendo datavault 4.7.1 is not working for me.

when starting the program, there shows an error box up "Failed to terminate Datavault automation server" and it is not syncing with the DM 6.00.30.

Anyboody with the same issue?!
    Yes, same issue here. Any fix?

I have the Tour and am on BES and my 2 attempts to sync wireless didn't work either.
    09-10-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD