Hi, I am new here and I own a BB for only 3 days now. I was wondering if the device was normally sold with Appworld already install? It was not on mine. I wanted to download it today, here the process:

1- Go to BB.com, send the link on my email...err: I don't have internet explorer 5 or higher on my device (can't download it for the same reason!)
    2- Go to BB.com to download it on my desktop....err, I use firefox (mac),
    3- open VMWare Fusion, run INternet explorer 5, crash.
    4- install internet explorer 7...crash
    5- Look in the application loader in the desktop manager, I can uninstall/install Appworld on my device! Do it. I still can't see in in my aplications

So how can I install new apps on my new toy?

Thanks
    08-01-10 09:45 PM
    I must miss something big here!

If I go to Options/Applications/Add-on

there they are: appworld, application center, maps...

Now can I open them...
    08-01-10 09:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Did you check the Downloads folder?

Anyway, pointing the device to BlackBerry App World should do the trick.

There is also http://software.crackberry.com

And please, never forget our good friend Google

Using DM, you must download the needed files (ALX-installer and COD-content), then find the alx using DM and it will add th app to the list.

If you're given a jar file, move the jar and the cods to the SD card and open the jar there.
    08-02-10 09:00 AM
    I tried today to download it from my job desktop computer.

- Active X control not found...install it...
    -USB plugins not found...can't install it.

So I can't donwload apps on my desktop, and still can't use AppWorld on my phone. Do somebody know what is giong on?
    08-02-10 09:22 AM
    Is this a work issued Berry?
    08-02-10 09:24 AM
    no, this is not a work BB. it's my personal phone.

The download folder is completly empty. I see all the aplpications (app world, application center, maps...) in options/application/add-on but there is not way (that i can see) to open them.

I need internet explorer on the device to go download from blackberry.com and i dont have it installed on my phone. The main problem is that the apps are there, but I can't use it.
    08-02-10 09:53 AM
    I am having a similar issue with app world, I have had my phone for a few months now and all of a sudden sometime this weekend it disappeared from my menu. I went to bb.com on my phone and tried to download it, it downloads (I think) asks to be rebooted and still nothing shows. I have checked in every folder including downloads. If i go to Options/Applications/Add-on I see it but can't open it or move it to my menu list. Any ideas? Is there a software update or something?
    Last edited by kramer241; 08-02-10 at 11:04 AM.
    08-02-10 10:59 AM
    Which version of OS are you both running?
    08-02-10 11:02 AM
    I'm sorry man, I must be a bigger rookie than I thought, what do you mean OS version and how do I find out?
    08-02-10 11:10 AM
    menu>options>about. it should say v5.0.0.XXX or 4.6.0.0.XXX something like that.
    08-02-10 11:13 AM
    v5.0.0.459 I have checked for updates but it says there is none.
    08-02-10 11:18 AM
    My brother has this same phone and I got him to look at it last night and the only idea he had was there was some sort of software leak. He had something similar but not with app world. Does this sound framiliar.
    08-02-10 11:33 AM
    My brother has this same phone and I got him to look at it last night and the only idea he had was there was some sort of software leak. He had something similar but not with app world. Does this sound framiliar.
    Who is your carrier? Does the rest of your data (emails, MMS, BlackBerry Messenger) work? Have you tried resending your service books?
    08-02-10 11:40 AM
    my carrier is sasktel mobility, in saskatchewan canada. what do you mean resend my service books
    08-02-10 11:51 AM
    my carrier is sasktel mobility, in saskatchewan canada. what do you mean resend my service books
    08-02-10 11:56 AM
    no, this is not a work BB. it's my personal phone.

The download folder is completly empty. I see all the aplpications (app world, application center, maps...) in options/application/add-on but there is not way (that i can see) to open them.

I need internet explorer on the device to go download from blackberry.com and i dont have it installed on my phone. The main problem is that the apps are there, but I can't use it.
    I don't get this. I told you to point your phone's Browser (properly set NOT to emulate IE/Firefox) to the above mentioned url so you could download AppWorld.
    08-02-10 11:59 AM
    that didn't work
    08-02-10 12:22 PM
    kramer241 and LouisCho, do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)?

App World will not work on a generic data plan or a BlackBerry Social plan.
    08-02-10 12:24 PM
    I just called my carrier (Koodo) and it seem there were a problem with my BIS plan. I'll give you updates soon
    08-02-10 12:40 PM
    Yay its working. Seems that my carrier was the problem. The BIS is now setup and working. All my apps are now installed. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 05:12 PM
    Had a similar problem. One day...BB App world is working, the next day it wasn't. Never considered that it might be a carrier problem. Might need to place a call to AT&T
    08-02-10 05:22 PM
    Yay its working. Seems that my carrier was the problem. The BIS is now setup and working. All my apps are now installed. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad it's working for you now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-02-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD