I can't believe appworld was sucking up 8mb of memory! I am on 247 and was down to 20 mb on reboot and it would go down to 4mb in a single day and faster when appworld was open.

I uninstalled it and am now at a comfortable 28.5.

There has to be a better way. Why can't they just have a site I can visit instead of a horrible app? I preferred the bb home page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 07:38 AM
    Why can't they just have a site I can visit instead of a horrible app?
    Your in luck,cause they have this really good site called crackberry.com...Where you can buy Any app u want from the store
    04-19-09 09:08 AM
    Ok but they don't have all the same apps offerred on appworld.

04-19-09 11:10 AM
    I deleted app world after 2 days because of memory leak issues. I don't even miss it. I will wait until RIM improves it.

04-19-09 11:23 AM
    Ok but they don't have all the same apps offerred on appworld.

List the ones that aren't offered?Im pretty sure you can get 99 percent of them here...
    04-19-09 12:18 PM
    Most of what's on app world is easily gotten if you google the name of the application.

04-19-09 12:25 PM
    8900 has all single memory not like partiation of bold and storm i have 10 apps installed on 8900 and standing 112.00 app memory left dont know why bold and storm dont give you alot memory as 8900 does
    04-19-09 12:26 PM
    The curve was probably made with the idea of appworld so it got lots of app memory the storm and bold came out before

04-19-09 12:33 PM
    Blaze - not the point. I want appworld working because its convenient and that is the point of my post. However, I don't think all the free apps on appworld are offerred on cb. Poynt, bloomberg etc... I know I can probably get a lot of these by searching online but the whole point of this post was just to share an issue I am having with appworld and see how others are doing with it. I was just wondering why appworlf can't just be web based.

And why are we talking about the 8900? Yes it has more app memory and a better camera besides that the bold is way better. That's just how it is.

04-19-09 01:35 PM
    Well i hear where your coming from,But your in the same boat as everyone else that has used appworld..My memory dropped to 0mb a few times..No point in complaining about it,Just realize appworld is a waste of space and move on..
    04-19-09 02:00 PM
    I realize that...so I am searching for an alternative to appworld not another store. Anyways I will use the desktop version.

If I can't complain about a blackberry app on this board where can I complain about it?

04-19-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD