Ive a quick look around this forum, but couldnt see anyone with the same problem.

Had my Berry 9700 just over a week. Its great.

One problem:

My BlackBerry App World Icon keeps going missing.
    All Icons in all folders are set to show.

Powered off and battery pull dont bring it back.

Downloaded it twice so far and its gone missing twice.

Any ideas, if not ill just have to exchange it for another one!
    01-15-10 03:37 PM
    I have the same problem. It seems to disappear randomly. I have to download it again every time.
    01-15-10 03:43 PM
    Happens to me all the time. It's happens on reboot. I'm figuring it must be a OS issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 03:44 PM
    Are you deleting any apps right before this happens?

If you install an app through BAW but delete it outside of app world it will delete the icon. Any apps installed through app world have to be deleted in app world.

01-15-10 03:46 PM
    BlitzedATL

I have deleted some icons outside of AppWorld. Will make sure I delete it thru AppWorld!

If not, will be bumping this thread!

Thanks
    01-15-10 03:54 PM

If you install an app through BAW but delete it outside of app world it will delete the icon. Any apps installed through app world have to be deleted in app world.

+1

10 char
    01-15-10 04:00 PM

i think this is correct. i was haveing the same issue when i was deleting the backup of an app i deleted through options> applicatons on the blackberry. if you delete those "backups" through app world then you should be fine.
    01-15-10 06:27 PM
    Same here as well. Tired of the BS so not downloading it any more maybe someone will get off their *** and fix this issue we have been nagging about forever. What is their problem? Fix the issue. They no the issue exsists but do nothing. I emailed them as well nagging about it.

01-15-10 10:34 PM
    I had the same problem when I got mine but after the third time downloading it just stopped vanishing

01-15-10 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD