I'm just getting used to appworld after coming from the iphone. It seems to not well thought out. For example I download podtrapper from the appstore on my 8900. Today I opened podtrapper and got a message that a update was available. I downloaded the update. Now when I go into my appworld, it says podtrapper has been uninstalled. Is this how appworld really works? It's not smart enough to know that I still have podtrapper installed?
    05-31-09 10:04 PM
    Appworld is essentially just a link to different apps. All the apps there can be downloaded from their respective developers site. So when you updated, you no longer had the version that appworld is linked to, which is why it says its uninstalled. Totally different from the iphones app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 10:16 PM
    I find the biggest annoyance to be that, to me, it's very slow.
    05-31-09 10:18 PM
    when appworld gets updated with the latest podtrapper version that I installed, will the appworld now say that it is installed on my phone?
    05-31-09 10:31 PM
    when appworld gets updated with the latest podtrapper version that I installed, will the appworld now say that it is installed on my phone?
    sounds like questions for app world

but honestly, you are comparing your mobile happiness to an upgraded, states app not installed, issue?

come on now
    05-31-09 10:34 PM
    sounds like questions for app world

but honestly, you are comparing your mobile happiness to an upgraded, states app not installed, issue?

come on now
    guess you haven't used the iphone app store. It's nice to know that you always have the latest apps and only have to check only one location.
    05-31-09 11:17 PM
    Probably not. You can install the app world version when it is available, though, to make it show installed (I agree it's sub-optimal). The problem is that because of the approval process the app world version lags a bit behind the version on my site, so instead of making app world users wait for it to be approved there I send them over to my site to keep them current.

There are technical reasons as to why it shows uninstalled when you install the one from my site that I could probably fix with a bit of effort, but I'd lose some of the flexibility in my deployment that I'd rather not. Ideally they should alter the app world to check module and signer for installation status, but I doubt that's even on their radar (they have bigger fish to fry at the moment).

Hope this helps.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    06-01-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD