are blackberry apps getting cheaper any time soon?

because i cannot justify spending 75 dollars on a pdf reader and word document reader on a phone that i most likely would own for not more than a year or two.

i mean the phone is stripped down theres not even a multi alarm included in it anymore.

itsa smart phone its a business phone its a blackberry. a personal assistant .
    and it comes with the simplest alarm you can possibly make.

even moto RAZR had multiple alarms. thats embarrassing for a smart phone...

i understand paying for a computer software where you use same operating system and can install it on your new PC.

but what about cell phone.

how does that work?
    i pay about 300 dollars for a cell phone that doesnt come with anything but basic apps that arent really usefull for much these days. then you cash out some other 150-200 dollars for the apps to get the phone what you want it to do. and then you buy another phone and you cash out some more to get the apps again. that is a big waste of money to me.
    Last edited by raverx3m; 12-09-09 at 12:05 AM.
    12-09-09 12:03 AM
    I completely agree with your views; it's pathetic how RIM is making money from us.
    Smartphones from all other mobile platforms offers better value for money; try the Nokia E71/72 it has every sort of app you might need and more importantly document editing works out of the box and has a PDF reader already installed.
    12-09-09 12:27 AM
    I completely agree with your views; it's pathetic how RIM is making money from us.
    Smartphones from all other mobile platforms offers better value for money; try the Nokia E71/72 it has every sort of app you might need and more importantly document editing works out of the box and has a PDF reader already installed.
    12-09-09 12:28 AM
    With time, everything gets cheaper. It's just people like us that have to get the latest and greatest technology that contemplating buying this stuff before the prices become reasonable.
    12-09-09 12:39 AM
    It sucks cause every useable app is $3 or more and even the pointless apps are expensive. Maybe they'll get cheaper soon.
    12-09-09 12:42 AM
    There are more than occasional sales of some apps which can help.

Docs-go-go was/is for sale for about $30 and someone mentioned they got it for $10 the other day after calling.

Tour's Calendar app in version 4.7.x can allow multiple alarms using the CALENDAR app (not the clock or alarm app).
    12-09-09 09:21 AM
    that would be nice if docs were 10 dollars that seems like a fair price to me.

i mean honestly i dont see their game plan.

if i spent so much time making the software id rather sell 200 copies for 10 dolars then sell 5 copies for 75 dollars.
    and after selling 200 copies i would end up having much better customer opinions about me than when i try to be a Deek and charge ridiculous amount of money for it.

from what i hear the apps for iphone are mostly 1 dollar. with few exceptions.

its the blackberry name that got everybody cranked up on prices because people think oh he owns a blackberry he must have tonns of cash to blow on useless apps. lol
    12-09-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD