1. writing-my-dissertation-on-BBs's Avatar
    I've never paid for any apps and with all the free ones I don't see why I would need to, so I was just wondering which apps people actually pay for and why!!?
    12-30-09 07:57 AM
    I paid for the following and don't regret having done so:
    1. MeterBerry-> Because I'm OCD and a control freak, and appreciate the quick access MB gives to important info.
    2. QuickLaunch-> Because I appreciate the app's functionality, especially when using themes with limited apps on home.
    3. SmrtGuard->Because I don't necessarily trust GOOG with my data, but I like SmrtGuard's interface (online and off).
    4. BerryWeather->Because I tried all of the free weather apps and none could hold a candle to BeWeather IMO.
    5. TazzleIt->Because it's very handy to print remotely via BT when I'm in different offices throughout the day, or when traveling.

I do regret having paid for a much longer list of apps (and twice as long a list of themes), but I'm not going to speak poorly of them and therefore won't list them.

~jason
    Last edited by jlsparks; 12-30-09 at 08:26 AM.
    12-30-09 08:23 AM
    Mailminder, if you have your emails picked up by your phone then it as a great app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 08:43 AM
    Quicklaunch
    BerryWeather

No themes purchased to date.

Some others paid for but not worth the mention.
    12-30-09 08:57 AM
    i will not pay for applications.....

I do not mind if they have ads on them. like Uber Twitter does but nope not gunna happen. Esp. after having a Android Phone and seeing TONS of free applications, and games.... i mean like scroll for 4 hours and not touch all of them...

applicastions i use
    1: Nimbuzz - Facebook Chat, Y!, AIM, Google Talk, Window Live, all in one spot - plus i have AIM, Y!, Google Talk, Windows Live all seperate as well.
    2: Google Sync - keep my wife's and my calendar undated and in sync.
    3: VodaFone Update - Update my twitter and facebook @ the same time
    4: Google Voice
    5: Fix Mo Tools - keeps track of my memory / battery and some other goodies
    6: Slacker Radio
    7: Weather Bug
    8: SuperPages Mobile
    9: Buzz'd
    10: speed test
    11: Zona Snap - screen capture and send to Photobucket
    12: I heart radio - so i can listen to the BearCats on 700wlw
    13: Mini Paint
    14: shazam

and i refuse to pay for a theme again, i paid for two from popular theme builder and they were both junk, i feel we have the best group of free theme builders around here.

12-30-09 09:31 AM
    Quicklaunch
    Pocket Informant - VERY good calendar program, smokes standard BB calendar
    Ascendo Money - checkbook program, a little pricey but it comes with device interface and the program for your computer to sync it on, much cheaper than other checkbook programs to sync with desktop programs if you don't have MS Money or Quicken.

I've paid for a lot more, but I don't regret paying for these at all.
    12-30-09 09:37 AM
    Quicklaunch
    Berryweather
    Bebuzz

Those are the ones i've bought.
    12-30-09 10:21 AM
    Quicklaunch
    Vlingo

I use as many free apps as possible but I don't regret paying for the
    above apps I listed.

12-30-09 10:59 AM
    Vlingo - i use to send email while driving using voice
    EasyDialer - I use this to make calls using my google voice number

12-30-09 11:19 AM
    smrtalerts- email and sms pop-up
    assistant premium- keeps me organized with my transactions and minutes
    bbsmart alarms pro- gets me up
    shazam- love it
    smrtguard- security
    laterdude pro- organization tool
    quicklaunch- makes apps easily accessible
    berry weather- needed weather for more than 1 city

I rarely pay full price for any app because there are so many coupons and sales floating about.
    12-30-09 11:33 AM
    Quicklaunch & Meterberry for me
    12-30-09 11:41 AM
    bubble defense 2... that game is the ****.
    12-30-09 11:51 AM
    Ascendo Money - Works perfectly, great interface, fully customizable, and I use it multiple times everyday. Can't function without it.
    BizTrackit - Does EXACTLY what I need and I used it all day everyday.
    PocketInformant - Really customizable, good interface, great appearance, keeps me organized in many ways.
    Ascendo Data Vault - Great interface, secure, and works as it claims.
    BerryWeather - Developed my theme with a weather slot and like this one the best. Hate the new advisory alerts in the notification area though. May junk it soon because of this.
    Beejive IM/Messenger - Did the trial and had to purchase. Great interface and works flawlessly. Really paying for "nice looks" on this one.
    QuickLaunch - Totally changed the way I use my BB. Can't live without it.
    BBAlerts - First app I bought since I wanted control of my LED. Allows you to fully customize the colors by mixing 256 levels of RGB. I haven't tried any others in this area.

Just my opinion, but if you haven't run any pay apps, you are truely missing out on some quality applications. There are reasons why some are free and others are pay. Not saying all free apps aren't good. I'm just saying that in some instances there are just not any free apps that can measure up. On the flip side, there are a lot of pay apps that are junk. So be careful and use the free trials when you can. I've bought some junk, but that's all part of it I guess. The above listed are really what makes my BB such a necessary part of my everyday activities. Very few free apps have made the cut for me.
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 12-30-09 at 12:29 PM.
    12-30-09 11:54 AM
    yep, quicklaunch, berrybuzz and berryweather. All fantastic must haves. I bought all of them with coupons pretty much half off. Don't buy full price, there are always sales going on.

e-GPS is also another good program I think. Seems to do what SmrtGuard does but but no yearly fees. It's also not as pretty or as totally functional as SmrtGuard.
    12-30-09 12:00 PM
    Just my opinion, but if you haven't run any pay apps, you are truely missing out on some quality applications. There are reasons why some are free and others are pay. Not saying all free apps aren't good. I'm just saying that in some instances there are just not any free apps that can measure up. On the flip side, there are a lot of pay apps that are junk. So be careful and use the free trials when you can. I've bought some junk, but that's all part of it I guess. The above listed are really what makes my BB such a necessary part of my everyday activities. Very few free apps have made the cut for me.
    so very true
    12-30-09 12:02 PM
    BerryBuzz is the only app I've bought so far, and it was well worth it.
    12-30-09 12:05 PM
    1. QuickLaunch
    2. Application to sync your laptop appointments, tasks with BB
    2. Vlingo (Better than typing)
    3. AddOnis (phone logs and blocking)
    4. Repligo Reader (for .pdf files)
    5. SearchIt
    6. Maxemail Fax number to get and receive faxes into your BB
    7. Customized Theme (Like a good application, a good theme will help you be productive by having what you need at your home screen)
    8. BerryPopit.
    9. BBFileScout
    10. Atomichelix Notify.

I got my office wherever I go, on my belt clip.
    Last edited by ZedRight; 01-03-10 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added the last two, free but taken for granted.
    12-30-09 01:03 PM
    Wunderradio- Listen to NJ/NY radio stations while in Fla.
    12-30-09 02:45 PM
    1. QuickLaunch
    2. Application to sync your laptop appointments, tasks with BB
    2. Vlingo (Better than typing)
    3. AddOnis (phone logs and blocking)
    4. Repligo Reader (for .pdf files)
    5. SearchIt
    6. Maxemail Fax number to get and receive faxes into your BB
    7. Customized Theme (Like a good application, a good theme will help you be productive by having what you need at your home screen)
    8. BerryPop.

I got my office wherever I go, on my belt clip.
    Thanks for the recommendation of Maxemail & BerryPop. Gonna check them out now.
    12-30-09 02:55 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation of Maxemail & BerryPop. Gonna check them out now.
    to clarify, I was referring to the email pop it program.
    12-30-09 03:16 PM
    I've just been taking note of how many replies included quickLaunch, I'll have to give that one a go
    12-30-09 03:38 PM
    I've just been taking note of how many replies included quickLaunch, I'll have to give that one a go
    It's a good program, the only downside is that they don't give you a trial period. I did like you're doing now, I was surprised by the amount of people that were using it. It took me about 2 months to try it. I've been happy with it. It was money well spent for me. If you use a lot of programs and want shortcut keys to open them, then this is a program for you, if you don't use a lot of programs or your not interested in keyboard shortcuts, don't get it.
    12-30-09 04:28 PM
    QuickLaunch is currently on sale for 2.49 I think until tomorrow. Love it.
    12-30-09 04:46 PM
    1. Quicklaunch (if u can only buy one app, buy this one)
    2. Meterberry (monitors your memory, battery, device temperature, and event logs. I'm not aware of a free app that can do all this)
    3. AddOnis (super utility app: easily send emails/sms/phone log to memopad/tasks/calender or vice verca. Reverse phone number lookup. Add sms signature. This app has a host of features that should have been included on your device in the first place)
    4. Berryweather (for a long time, I also thought why pay for a weather app. I've tried nearly every free one and have been frustrated with each for one reason or another. Finally purchased BW and I don't regret it)

Of the apps that I have paid for, these r the ones that I would confidently recommend to anyone

12-30-09 06:03 PM
    BerryBUzz
    BerryWeather
    Meterberry
    some games... i bought these because i like them and use them alot

also where is my phone - thats a great app

also bought many terrible ones :/ but not listing them all

try the free trail before buying something thats more than a couple dollars!
    12-30-09 06:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD