I just got my new BB torch, had to unlock it so it works here in Saudi Arabia... the phone is amazing but I only faced one major problem which is that most apps are not working...

1- Facebook V1.7 and higher are not supported, so I tried downloading V1.6 but it wont work and keep telling me that my device doesn't meet the system requirements that are needed to support Facebook

2- Google Maps V4.4.0 doesn't start up and give me this msg Network Unavailable: this application requires a data connection, and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly...etc

3- I downloaded the crackberry app store (Superstore) it works fine but when ever I want to download anything it keeps giving me Request Error (invalid_request)

is there a way to fix all this, or does V6 doesn't support any of these apps, although my old Bold 9000 use to support all of these apps and more and was working fine before it died on me
    09-25-10 07:44 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Internet Service Data Plan from your phone service carrier network?

Does your carrier support that device?
    09-25-10 07:55 AM
    yes, but they still don't have it available, my BBM and emails r working fine but any apps that needs data r not although I have 2GB of data on my Blackberry service plan
    09-25-10 08:17 AM
    Sounds like you're having some sort of BIS provisioning issue. I have no problems using google maps 4.4.0 and I'm sure most of us here (not including myself) have a facebook account and use the app with no problems...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 08:53 AM
    I just unlocked and added UMA to my 9800, and I'm having the same problem. The data actually works fine via the mobile network, but its non-existant when I'm on wifi.

Actually, the browser, emails and BBM work. But none of the apps work.

Its definitely frustrating.
    09-26-10 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD