I am probably asking simple questions, but I just got my Tour yesterday and though I do deal with some technology, I am by no means a techie. Anyways, when I download an app, where does it download by default? Is there a hard drive or does it go on the card (right now I just have the standard 2gb, but I will put a 4gb this weekend until I can afford bigger). Is there a general number of apps that would be considered to many for the Tour to handle (which causes major slowdowns)? Thanks guys.
    09-04-09 09:08 AM
    My apps all defaulted to the downloads folder and I think they go right to the hard drive. I'm sure you could load them to the card if you wish and I think that it's not the number of apps, it's the amount of memory usuage that would cause slow downs. I could be wrong...
    09-04-09 09:14 AM
    I'm moving this thread to 3rd Party Apps. Also I have renamed it. Remember......

.......to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-04-09 09:18 AM
    Apps automatically get saved to the phones device memory. Never expect your media card to help you with any of your device memory since it is only for media items (pics, videos, music etc). There is an app out called Aerize Card Loader that let's you load apps onto a media card but they cannot be used while on the media card. You would have to manually move them from your device to your media card if you wanna use them though. I don't think it's free, could be wrong, but look it up and see if it interests you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD